NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He was a diva then, and he's still a diva now.  Doesn't run block.  Complains about not getting the ball enough.  Doesn't give effort after an INT.....etc. It isn't like this is new for him.  It is his normal.  And likely the reason why he dropped to where he did in the draft.

He's definitely high maintenance....then again, he's looking to make a name for himself with a guy name Pickett trying to throw him the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's definitely high maintenance....then again, he's looking to make a name for himself with a guy name Pickett trying to throw him the ball. 

And he was WR1 for many weeks with Johnson out.

And the film he put out there is that of a WR who is not willing to be part of any play that he is not the focal point for.

He did make a name for himself with his actions.  It's just not a good one.

Just now, vegas492 said:

And he was WR1 for many weeks with Johnson out.

And the film he put out there is that of a WR who is not willing to be part of any play that he is not the focal point for.

He did make a name for himself with his actions.  It's just not a good one.

He's redeemable. Get him a QB with both a brain and an arm....and the highlights will follow.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's redeemable. Get him a QB with both a brain and an arm....and the highlights will follow.

He's young and immature.  So you could be right.

But....young diva WR's typically do not "un" diva themselves.

We shall see.  Either way, I'm happy we have who have in our WR room right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He's young and immature.  So you could be right.

But....young diva WR's typically do not "un" diva themselves.

We shall see.  Either way, I'm happy we have who have in our WR room right now.

I'm fine with Watson. I just wish he was of the sturdier variety.

I fear we're gonna be visiting hamstring issues often with him.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's his brain that needs more work than any QBs.

Reason why I quantify my draft rankings with the fact that I never get to med check or interview these guys. Pickens is a loser, one I'm glad is somewhere else and I get to enjoy Christian Watson and his bum *** hammy's 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's his brain that needs more work than any QBs.

Reason why I quantify my draft rankings with the fact that I never get to med check or interview these guys. Pickens is a loser, one I'm glad is somewhere else and I get to enjoy Christian Watson and his bum *** hammy's 

So harsh :)

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/steelers-wr-george-pickens-takes-051544655.html

"But Pickens is undeterred from his thankless self-promotion. On Thursday he stepped it up a notch by going third-person when he addressed the media on Thursday.

“I’m still doing what George does to get open and catch the ball and score,” Pickens said. “That’s all I want to do.”"

52 One-Liners "Seinfeld" Fans Still Use On The Regular | George costanza,  Seinfeld funny, Celebrities funny

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'll stand by my wanting to draft him....for his talent. I've not read all that he's been up to while in PIT - but his head is in the wrong place and he's making bad decisions...which is unfortunate. I still like the talent though.

You sound like a guy who would hire a d coordinator and not fire him after several historically bad performances. 

Edited by mikebpackfan
  • Like 6

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Jets QB Aaron Rodgers says on @PatMcAfeeShow that if he were 100%, he’d be pushing to come back. But he’s not there. “Being medically cleared as 100% healed is not realistic at 14 weeks."

The entire quote is stupid.  Am I supposed to be impressed that he would want to play if he were 100% healed?