NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Cowherd, Nick Wright, Skip, Shannon, Steven A, Jim Rome (haven't heard from him in a while), Acho, Kendrick Perkins, Jamele Hill, Max Kellerman (except about boxing), am I missing any one?  Just flush all of them, and give Max a boxing show.

He’s not the same kind of hot take sensationalist as this group, but throw Kyle Brandt in this pile as far as people I can’t stand to hear talk about the sport. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 12:35 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Absolutely.  The target demo is 15 year old girls.  But somehow you have grown men and women listening to it too, which makes no sense.  You have so many choices for dinner, but you choose white rice and apple sauce.  Swift's fan base isn't even close to the worst either, but it is the largest.  

The grown ups are just there because of the longevity of Taylor's career. It's like grown dudes still listening to Korn and rage against.

40 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The grown ups are just there because of the longevity of Taylor's career. It's like grown dudes still listening to Korn and rage against.

I am guilty of putting on the Korn once in a while.  But my music taste is all across the board.  Trying to explain Taylor Swift to me is kind of like trying to explain Dave Matthews to me.  I just do not get it.  There are similar artists that do what they do, only a lot better.  I don't understand the following of mediocre acts.

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

the greatest gift of aging is discovering, over and over, the wisdom in this

Sadly, that doesn't seem to translate to a not insignificant amount of older folks I've run across lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am guilty of putting on the Korn once in a while.  But my music taste is all across the board.  Trying to explain Taylor Swift to me is kind of like trying to explain Dave Matthews to me.  I just do not get it.  There are similar artists that do what they do, only a lot better.  I don't understand the following of mediocre acts.

A band tapping into something you don't understand doesn't make them mediocre.

• Like 3

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Taylor Swift and Dave Matthews are mediocre.  

You sound like my father when he would rant about Pink Floyd and the Beatles.  He did love Elvis and Buddy Holly, so he wasn't totally crazy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think you'd have to be that young lady demo to get it. Ha. Think there's something in her personality people gravitate toward.

Twilight but with staying power

18 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

IIRC you HATE fun. and for all intensive purposes Talyor Swift has just been fun. with her as the lead singer for about a decade now so it checks out that you wouldn't like her. Same with Lana Del Rey. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

IIRC you HATE fun. and for all intensive purposes Talyor Swift has just been fun. with her as the lead singer for about a decade now so it checks out that you wouldn't like her. Same with Lana Del Rey. 

You don't know my feelings about Lana.  But you are correct, I do hate fun.

• Like 1