NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Bumski said:

He is absolutely that bad. 

The Bears fans are shocked they didn’t get more. I don’t know what more we, as Packer fans, can do for them. We’ve told them Fields sucks for at least two years now. The ONLY thing weve told them is “yeah that’s great guys but Justin Fields sucks you aren’t going anywhere.”

Breathtaking.

• Like 1

Robert Griffin III -  The Pittsburgh Steelers just robbed the Chicago Bears on the weekend in broad daylight. Getting Justin Fields in 2024, giving up ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in 2024 and only giving up a 2025 6th round pick that MIGHT turn into a 4th rounder. This is what we call BIG BANK take little bank.

Colin Cowherd -   The Bears absolutely wanted  Fields to turn a corner, it’s why they kept taking swings the last couple seasons. Can you imagine the draft capital the Bears could accumulate moving this top pick w a quickly ascending Fields? But he never took a big leap like Jordan Love.

Two months ago Bears fans were convinced they were getting a FRP for Fields. Two weeks ago, they knew they'd have to "settle," for a second. 

Turns out it was a sixth and not until next year! 😂

Packers keep sending their HOF quarterbacks to the Jet. While the Bears keep dumping their trash in Pittsburgh. Not to mention the Claypool highway robbery Pittsburgh pulled off on the Bears. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Packers keep sending their HOF quarterbacks to the Jet. While the Bears keep dumping their trash in Pittsburgh. Not to mention the Claypool highway robbery Pittsburgh pulled off on the Bears. 

CHI sending a 2nd to PIT for Claypool, followed up by PIT sending CHI a 6th for Fields is pretty damn funny.  Whoever the PIT GM is, CHI should lose his number.

1 hour ago, HeresAGuy said:

It's only a theory, but I am pretty convinced this implies nobody was willing to trade for a  "Bryce Young" haul that the Bears were hoping to get for Caleb, which is bewildering because Caleb, and frankly Maye and Daniels, are better prospects than Bryce Young was.  Are we coming to the end of the "trade up for QB for a haul" era?  Or am I just reading this completely wrong here.  

I think this implies that CHI never seriously entertained offers for Williams.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Robert Griffin III -  The Pittsburgh Steelers just robbed the Chicago Bears on the weekend in broad daylight. Getting Justin Fields in 2024, giving up ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in 2024 and only giving up a 2025 6th round pick that MIGHT turn into a 4th rounder. This is what we call BIG BANK take little bank.

Pittsburgh will find out they robbed a bank, got home, and the bags they brought home were filled with confetti.

It didn't work in Chicago and it won't work in Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

It does boggle the mind a little the Pickett would be traded for a 2024 RD3 a day before Fields goes for a 2025 RD6.  I don't like either one, but if I'm going to kick the tires on one of them, it would be Fields.  Turns out NFL GM's really, really don't think much of Fields, but I would have thought a team like BAL would have had some interest in a tough, cheap, running QB to back up Lamar.

• Like 1

I said in the What Should Chicago Do thread that any GM worth a thing wouldn't trade more then a 4th rounder for Fields. I'm honestly shocked that some GM/coach with too much hubris didn't at least throw a 2nd for him. He sucks though and it looks like everyone saw that. 

11 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

It does boggle the mind a little the Pickett would be traded for a 2024 RD3 a day before Fields goes for a 2025 RD6.  I don't like either one, but if I'm going to kick the tires on one of them, it would be Fields.  Turns out NFL GM's really, really don't think much of Fields, but I would have thought a team like BAL would have had some interest in a tough, cheap, running QB to back up Lamar.

There's not much use for a QB who can't throw, no matter how good his legs are.

12 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Pickett has 2 years on a rookie deal + a 5th year option.   Fields has 1 year but the decision on a 5th year option is this year.  So Pittsburgh would need to make that decision before seeing Fields in their system.  The contract is as much of the equation as the player is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Pickett has 2 years on a rookie deal + a 5th year option.   Fields has 1 year but the decision on a 5th year option is this year.  So Pittsburgh would need to make that decision before seeing Fields in their system.  The contract is as much of the equation as the player is.

Yeah, Pickett having the extra year remaining on his rookie deal makes a big difference.

Barring something weird happening with Wilson, I have to assume the 5th year option is not even in PIT's thought process. They want to watch Fields practice for a year.  If he looks decent, they offer him a relatively cheap extension going forward after moving on from Wilson.  It's not like Fields will have better options.

• Like 1