NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It wasn't a head on. Per both the police report and the TMZ photos (the front of the vehicle is the only thing still mostly identifiable)

Police are saying as of now that an Infiniti (I'm reading both QX60 and QX50) moved into their lane at a high rate of speed, and knocked into them, causing them to hit a Chevy Impala before they went tumbling off the road and into some stumps. 

Purely based on the history of NFL rookies with a history of questionable decisions, being out at 330 in the morning and getting involved in high speed wrecks, it's worth waiting and seeing on this one. 

I don't disagree and hope they weren't involved in the racing, but victims of it. 

Kind of interesting the Jets signed Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses as free agents. Then they spend a FRP on Olu Fashanu. Do they plan to slide him inside year one? I know Smith and Moses have injury history so I get the pick. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Kind of interesting the Jets signed Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses as free agents. Then they spend a FRP on Olu Fashanu. Do they plan to slide him inside year one? I know Smith and Moses have injury history so I get the pick. 

They have a pretty small window.  Let's say that Rodgers comes back fine and has the same longevity as Tom Brady.  He will still only have 4 seasons left.  Their window is probably open, but the clock is ticking down.  OL was probably their weakest link last season, and is in part to blame for the Rodgers injury, and probably part of the reason that they didn't make the playoffs, even with Zach Wilson doing Zach Wilson things.  They need that line to gel, and they need it to gel fast.  

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

They have a pretty small window.  Let's say that Rodgers comes back fine and has the same longevity as Tom Brady.  He will still only have 4 seasons left.  Their window is probably open, but the clock is ticking down.  OL was probably their weakest link last season, and is in part to blame for the Rodgers injury, and probably part of the reason that they didn't make the playoffs, even with Zach Wilson doing Zach Wilson things.  They need that line to gel, and they need it to gel fast.  

The bold part is false. Rodgers first option was open and he, being Rodgers, refused to throw it to the guy. Had he taken what the play was designed to get, he may never have torn his Achilles. 

Again, nothing against the pick, but at 11 you expect a guy to start. I don't see Olu starting at tackle this year. May not start at all. Your point about a small window is maybe even more reason to go and get another position when they solidified the tackle spot with Smith and Moses. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The bold part is false. Rodgers first option was open and he, being Rodgers, refused to throw it to the guy. Had he taken what the play was designed to get, he may never have torn his Achilles. 

Again, nothing against the pick, but at 11 you expect a guy to start. I don't see Olu starting at tackle this year. May not start at all. Your point about a small window is maybe even more reason to go and get another position when they solidified the tackle spot with Smith and Moses. 

Rodgers got sacked multiple times on that series.  I know you hate Rodgers, but that line is bad.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Rodgers got sacked multiple times on that series.  I know you hate Rodgers, but that line is bad.  

I actually don't hate Rodgers, I hate what he turned into in Green Bay at the end.

I'm not disputing the offensive line was terrible. I'm disputing it was their fault he got hurt. It was his fault because he didn't take what the play was designed to give him.

Also, what game were you watching? Below are the four plays he ran. He was sacked once; on the play he held the ball too long and got hurt. 

Could one make a case he wouldn't have lasted a season behind that line had he not tore his Achilles? Hell yes, they were brutal. 

• 1st & 10 at NYJ 12

(12:30 - 1st) Bre.Hall left tackle pushed ob at NYJ 38 for 26 yards (M.Hyde).
  • 1st & 10 at NYJ 38

(11:53 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep right [E.Oliver].
  • 2nd & 10 at NYJ 38

(11:46 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to T.Conklin [G.Rousseau]. PENALTY on BUF-T.Bernard, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at NYJ 38 - No Play.
  • 1st & 10 at NYJ 43

(11:40 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers sacked at NYJ 33 for -10 yards (L.Floyd). NYJ-A.Rodgers was injured during the play. He is Out.
Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Then they spend a FRP on Olu Fashanu. Do they plan to slide him inside year one?

I'm pretty sure Fashanu is going to play inside and then move outside when Smith gets hurt.  The issue of cross-training him is smaller when you consider that Tyron Smith does not practice.

22 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This is not true. Rodgers was sacked a single time on the year. That was on the play he got hurt. 

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is not true. Rodgers was sacked a single time on the year. That was on the play he got hurt. 

He was rushed every play and at least hit on one of the other throws 

Point is it was obvious he'd probably not have lasted very far into the season either way

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I have been corrected.  I didn't pay attention to the Jets game while I was eating dinner.

Still my point was, the Jets O-Line was a sub-par unit last season.  Give them an adequate OL and they may have made the playoffs even with Zach Wilson.  And if they want to compete they need to make the position better.  And they are trying to band-aid it with veteran FAs because they have a small window with Aaron Rodgers and a pretty good squad that haven't all gotten paid, yet.  

It is funny how chicken wings went from "the part of the chicken that you could get super cheap because they're hard to eat"(i.e. the reason "buffalo wings" exist- the Anchor bar could get them cheap) to "literally the most expensive part of the chicken" (i.e. the reason "boneless wings" exist- they're portions of breast meat cut into wing shapes.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

Wanna pay $15 bucks to work really hard and look like a slob for like 6 ounces of food? Chicken wings!

Not to mention you can grab a bag of 20 for 10$ and they're the same or better quality and take just as long as dubs wings.

Thighs >>