NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

My version of this is more like if Purdy can be an effective QB in the right system, I think Nix probably can too.  Nix landed in a good spot with Payton, who obviously thinks Nix can thrive in his scheme.

Yeah. That was just me trying to throw shade on Caleb and JJ. Ha.

• Like 1

Interesting blurb explaining why the cursing has disappeared from Hard Knocks this season with the Bears.

"I'll be honest, this team curses much less than any other team I've been around, but it is out of respect for the McCaskey family," Furman said of why the curse words have been taken out of the show, via Bearswire. "It's something that they don't do and wouldn't want to see it, so it's kind of a decision that was made out of respect for them letting us in their house and wanting to be respectful to them."

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Interesting blurb explaining why the cursing has disappeared from Hard Knocks this season with the Bears.

we need to get in contact with the Packers players to curse way more than normal if we ever get on Hard Knocks.  Like full blown 14 year olds but a lot of racial slurs added too.  For the McCaskey family, of course.  We could have a guy that only curses on camera and one of his teammates has to be the interpreter for him.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

we need to get in contact with the Packers players to curse way more than normal if we ever get on Hard Knocks.  Like full blown 14 year olds but a lot of racial slurs added too.  For the McCaskey family, of course.  We could have a guy that only curses on camera and one of his teammates has to be the interpreter for him.

Give me like a racist DT that starts and ends every practice with an ethnic joke.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -   The Chiefs and Pro Bowl center Creed Humphrey have agreed to terms on a massive new deal to make him the NFL’s highest-paid center. 

4 years for 72 million according to the ticker on NFL Network

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -   The Chiefs and Pro Bowl center Creed Humphrey have agreed to terms on a massive new deal to make him the NFL’s highest-paid center. 

1. Myers will probably now fetch 10-15M/yr with this reset of the market(if New York would pay Runyan 10M...)
2. Myers probably will be gone next year.

11 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

1. Myers will probably now fetch 10-15M/yr with this reset of the market(if New York would pay Runyan 10M...)
2. Myers probably will be gone next year.

Yeah, the way it is now, Humphrey is an outlier. He's 4.5 million per year average more than the next guy. You don't suddenly give an average center top money because of one contract. 

I never believed when people here were saying we could keep him for 5-7 a year, but no way he's getting 10 or more based on where he ranks among centers currently. 

Edited by Old Guy

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, the way it is not, Humphrey is an outlier. He's 4.5 million per year average more than the next guy. You don't suddenly give an average center top money because of one contract. 

I never believed when people here were saying we could keep him for 5-7 a year, but no way he's getting 10 or more based on where he ranks among centers currently. 

Bad teams and Shaky Management. I used Runyan as an example for a reason.

• Like 1