NFL News & Notes

Leader

24 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes but that isn't physical contact.

I've also had a gun in my face and I also complied with the gunman's requests. I had an immediate urge to fight, but then immediately after thought that would be a bad idea. 

I also had a gun on me.

You were lucky! The robber doesn't always walk away and leave witnesses.

Every time I read something about San Francisco it's another business closing because of crime. Sad! 

It was once one of the great cities in the US. 

I don't care if the kid was only 17, he needs to spend quite a few years incarcerated. 

Edited by Old Guy

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Every time I read something about San Francisco it's another business closing because of crime. Sad! 

I don't care if the kid was only 17, he needs to spend quite a few years incarcerated. 

You read and watch the wrong stuff.     

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I could tell you plenty about SF from the past 25 years, from the staggering wealth and gentrification created to some of the lowest income communities and their families and how they’ve hung on. Definitely don’t believe what you might see on tv especially from those who have an agenda to sell.

This is a story that will of course have all people who want to push that agenda salivating but I’ll just say as someone with a firsthand perspective, news of San Francisco’s demise are greatly exaggerated. There are real issues that have always existed and newer ones like what will happen to the downtown area post pandemic with far fewer office workers going there on a daily basis. I would still say it is one of the more unique and beautiful cities in the world. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Yes but that isn't physical contact.

I've also had a gun in my face and I also complied with the gunman's requests. I had an immediate urge to fight, but then immediately after thought that would be a bad idea. 

I also had a gun on me.

Was it concealed or open? 

Most legal gun owners understand the responsibility of carrying means you dont turn a dispute over a watch into a shootout.

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

You read and watch the wrong stuff.     

I read all kind of stuff. From both perspectives I agree with and don't. Then I draw my own conclusions. Limiting yourself to only opinions you agree with is narrow minded, IMO. 

It's amazing how one can change their minds if they are not afraid to hear other opinions and are open to being wrong. 

Your statement suggests you are not. I am open to the idea I could be wrong. 

For whatever reason(s) California's population is in decline for the first in forever. Did I get that information from a source you don't like as well? 

PTSD from what?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill

Per Field Yates of ESPN, Kansas City has placed the running back on the non-football injury list. He will be out for the first four games of the season.

Edwards-Helaire has been dealing with the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder, which has manifested itself into physical symptoms like nausea and vomiting. He missed much of training camp and multiple reporters noted he was not on the field for Sunday’s practice.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I read all kind of stuff. From both perspectives I agree with and don't. Then I draw my own conclusions. Limiting yourself to only opinions you agree with is narrow minded, IMO. 

It's amazing how one can change their minds if they are not afraid to hear other opinions and are open to being wrong. 

Your statement suggests you are not. I am open to the idea I could be wrong. 

For whatever reason(s) California's population is in decline for the first in forever. Did I get that information from a source you don't like as well? 

lol - sure you do.      This is like saying I listen to both kinds of music - country and western

• Like 1

I feel like if we're just looking at football, Pearsall being unavailable for much of this year doesn't hurt the 49ers that much since that pick was about next year, when they figured they weren't going to have both Deebo and Aiyuk anymore.

But in 2022 Brian Robinson also got shot in a failed armed robbery and he missed 6 weeks, so without any actual medical information that would suggest Pearsall's injury was more or less serious than Robinson's I would set the number at 6 weeks. 

43 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like if we're just looking at football, Pearsall being unavailable for much of this year doesn't hurt the 49ers that much since that pick was about next year, when they figured they weren't going to have both Deebo and Aiyuk anymore.

But in 2022 Brian Robinson also got shot in a failed armed robbery and he missed 6 weeks, so without any actual medical information that would suggest Pearsall's injury was more or less serious than Robinson's I would set the number at 6 weeks. 

I remember Robinson being shot but do not remember where. My guess is in the leg going from memory. 

Not that it matters because even with that information, I'd only be guessing. 

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

He was mugged in college if i remember right

Also ended up shielding a kid when the shooting started at the Chiefs’ victory parade. We have so many of them we wash them away and move on but not as easy to forget for the people who were part of it. 

• Like 2