NFL News & Notes

Leader

15 hours ago, Leader said:

11 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Yep makes him untradable.  He's have to agree to redo his contract otherwise forget it.  

It's very doable as a one-year rental. Just have to pay the balance of his salary for 2024 which the Jets have plenty of room for. 

You could even convert his 2025 salary into mostly a bonus and spread it out a few years or add void years. 

None of his salary in 2025 or 2026 is guaranteed. 

The irony of all of this is I think Rodgers made a comment about when he plays with Adams again this summer. 

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I know KC can do it.  I very much doubt KC would cut a starter for that to be workable.  Just send a better pick to LV vs cut a starter

Cuting a starter only one option, restructuring a vet is probably the best option.

The biggest issue I see is whether they would trade with a divisional arch-rival enemy?!?!? That would be the biggest factor in driving up compensation I feel.

• Like 1

If Adams goes to the Jets it's going to be hilarious because how do you think Garrett Wilson is going to react, knowing instantly that his targets are likely going down by over 50%? He isn't going to be quiet about it, especially for a guy on a rookie contract looking to get big numbers so he can get a big contract in another year. I guarantee if that trade happens, it will backfire on the Jets. That locker room will be a **** show. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If Adams goes to the Jets it's going to be hilarious because how do you think Garrett Wilson is going to react, knowing instantly that his targets are likely going down by over 50%? He isn't going to be quiet about it, especially for a guy on a rookie contract looking to get big numbers so he can get a big contract in another year. I guarantee if that trade happens, it will backfire on the Jets. That locker room will be a **** show. 

It's going to be funny when Wilson shows up for the first day of practice with Davante in the building and realizes he's no longer Rodgers BFF. 

OR, 

They trade Wilson to the Raiders and get a mid-round draft pick back as part of the Davante trade. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It's hilarious either way.

Think about it for a moment.

Jets fans and media are already over Rodgers and him bringing buddies to the Jets.  Amos.  Lazard.  Cobb.  Turner.

Seems like the media won't let go over Rodgers vs. Wilson or now Rodgers vs. Saleh.

So, if the Jets do bring in DA, then you have Rodgers playing GM again, which won't go over well with the media, because of the other examples above.

And if they do ship out Wilson, they've gotten rid of a young, extremely talented WR, on the cheap for now, for an aged former bestie of their very old, highly paid and kindda unlikeable QB.

And if they don't bring in Adams?  It's the NY media, my guess is that they will be critical of the club for not doing more to acquire that talent for their team when they are this close.  (Boy, that narrative seems oddly familiar to me.)

So I see the Jets in a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

It's hilarious either way.

Think about it for a moment.

Jets fans and media are already over Rodgers and him bringing buddies to the Jets.  Amos.  Lazard.  Cobb.  Turner.

Seems like the media won't let go over Rodgers vs. Wilson or now Rodgers vs. Saleh.

So, if the Jets do bring in DA, then you have Rodgers playing GM again, which won't go over well with the media, because of the other examples above.

And if they do ship out Wilson, they've gotten rid of a young, extremely talented WR, on the cheap for now, for an aged former bestie of their very old, highly paid and kindda unlikeable QB.

And if they don't bring in Adams?  It's the NY media, my guess is that they will be critical of the club for not doing more to acquire that talent for their team when they are this close.  (Boy, that narrative seems oddly familiar to me.)

So I see the Jets in a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation right now.

Lazard was the only one of those guys that cost any significant money and he hasn’t been bad with AR. I think the Jets are the favorite because of the Rodgers connection, which will ruffle some feathers but that’s how they initiated the relationship. On top of that,  the coach and GM are probably on thin ice if this whole thing blows up.  They need to be all in to show the plan is working  

I don’t think Wilson will be too hurt if Adams comes in and should benefit from softer coverage and veteran leadership. He will still get plenty of money n his next big contract as long as he keeps up his high standard. Defending two very good receivers is a headache for every team. 

On 10/2/2024 at 12:07 PM, Refugee said:

I don’t think Wilson will be too hurt if Adams comes in and should benefit from softer coverage and veteran leadership. He will still get plenty of money n his next big contract as long as he keeps up his high standard. Defending two very good receivers is a headache for every team. 

LOL!  Diva receivers are gonna be diva receivers.

No way does Wilson want to be second fiddle to Adams.  He may say the right things, but he will jump off of that team the first chance he gets.

Just now, Old Guy said:

If you are a Cleveland Browns fan, how do you stick it out with that organization. This is what you are staring at for 2 more years and then you still eat 36 million in dead money. 

Deshaun Watson Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Shiiiiiiiiiitttt.  That’s nothing compared to what they’ve endured over decades lol. The fanbase are born into it and loyal AF to them with an unhealthy dose of self-imposed suffering along the way.  They want a winner more than any other franchise. 

Lebron bringing a championship to the city helped fill that hole and satiate that desire a bit, but it’s going to be awhile before they see another. 

25 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL!  Diva receivers are gonna be diva receivers.

No way does Wilson want to be second fiddle to Adams.  He may say the right things, but he will jump off of that team the first chance he gets.

Diva receiver does have a very nice rhythm to it. Add believer, anaesthesia, retreiver, achiever,  you have the makings of a poem.