NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Probably not. There's not many organizations that have the guts - or - considered that AB would come their way, so why try? Cant say which it was - but kudos to NE for making it happen. I dont see the downside. I think BB will keep him in line or they'll jettison him.

9 mil downside.  Also destruction of team chemistry.  Dunno maybe we all got played here.  Really kind of stinks.  I thought AB was just flat out crazy but maybe it was all manipulation to get out of Oak and play for the Pats.  No team in their right mind would sign him after he pulled that crap in Oak.  The guy was a complete mental case.  However given that NE signed him mere hours later a guy has to wonder.  WTF is really going on here?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

9 mil downside.  Also destruction of team chemistry.  Dunno maybe we all got played here.  Really kind of stinks.  I thought AB was just flat out crazy but maybe it was all manipulation to get out of Oak and play for the Pats.  No team in their right mind would sign him after he pulled that crap in Oak.  The guy was a complete mental case.  However given that NE signed him mere hours later a guy has to wonder.  WTF is really going on here?  

Tampering charges forthcoming! :D

Nothing would surprise me with these cheaters! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SSG said:

Jealousy tends to brew hate.  Why would New England possibly care what kind of message it sends?  That message isn't more important than winning and there is a reason that they do substantially more of it than the rest of the league.  

Moves like this is the reason why New England is consistently so far ahead of the competition.  

Sets a really bad example.  Pull this kind of crap and get rewarded.  Don't like it one bit.  Oak got screwed.  It bothers me.

I’d like to walk back a bit a comment I made about him being not well. 

Seeing how this all went down, him signing hours after being released after a offseason of unprecedented drama to NE; there had to be significant and multiple conversations between AB’s team and NE. I don’t think for one second that this just fell into place. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Nope - neither do I - but figure there's time for them to make any necessary moves.

I'd assume they have to count all of AB's contract on the cap this year. They also had to give some of the cash to the CB upfront too. They have to be close to 8-10 million over the cap right now. 

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Seeing how this all went down, him signing hours after being released after a offseason of unprecedented drama to NE; there had to be significant and multiple conversations between AB’s team and NE. I don’t think for one second that this just fell into place. 

Hopefully AB recorded those conversations an post them online! But no, he's mentally ill! You can see it in his eyes. 

Also, you're talking about a guy who is all about getting paid walking away from 21 million more guaranteed. I don't buy he planned this for a second. Unless somehow he thought he's play a week and get his guaranteed money. 

Edited by Golfman

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Yep thinking the same thing.  

Just now, Golfman said:

I'd assume they have to count all of AB's contract on the cap this year. They also had to give some of the cash to the CB upfront too. They have to be close to 8-10 million over the cap right now. 

Dont know....couldnt care less. I figure they're able to make it happen - and they did. Good for them.
Glad he's still over in the AFC is about the best spin I can put on it.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Dont know....couldnt care less. I figure they're able to make it happen - and they did. Good for them.
Glad he's still over in the AFC is about the best spin I can put on it.

and Pats play the NFC East.

could give dallas/eagles an extra loss

and we play oakland

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I think it is more Brown after being in OAK for a while realized that it was not a good organization and started the move to get out.  As much as the antics seemed like mental health issues, it also could be calculated to get out of a "bad" situation.  Time will tell where the truth on this lies.  Certainly could be entertaining to watch Brown in that NE offense

41 minutes ago, Golfman said:

They were 9.1 million under the cap this year. He just guaranteed the guy 9 million. That isn't exactly walking away whistling if it doesn't work IMO. 

I think Bill does things differently and therefore will cut a guy and not give a crap about it no matter how good he is. Or how much it costs.

Edited by Reaper

Just now, Scoremore said:

Sets a really bad example.  Pull this kind of crap and get rewarded.  Don't like it one bit.  Oak got screwed.  It bothers me.

Since when does the NFL care about bad examples?  Guys like Kareem Hunt, Joe Milton and Tyreek Hill are given second chances in the NFL.  New England cares about winning and only winning.  Their aggressiveness is the reason they've dominated the league over the last 19 years.  

I don't like it either but it's because I'm jealous of New England's success.  I could only dream that Green Bay had this sort of aggression and eagerness to win at all costs.  

• Like 1