NFL News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

OverTheCap with their Comp Pick Projections for next year

https://overthecap.com/2019-compensatory-picks-projection-update-9-11-2018

Packers get:

" No soup for you, come back 1 year"

hqdefault.jpg

Gute can assign TT to fix that. That Saints pick can be flipped for (4) 4ths, (3) 5ths, and (8) 7ths. TT's wet dream.

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

No Ted, No Aaron Rodgers, No Davante Adams, no Kevin King, no Kenny Clark. Focus on the bad and you forget to see the good.

Pretty sure nobody lists Kevin King in the good department.  Swap him with Bakhtiari and Daniels.  Have you heard TJ Watt had 4 sacks on Sunday?

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Pretty sure nobody lists Kevin King in the good department.  Swap him with Bakhtiari and Daniels.  Have you heard TJ Watt had 4 sacks on Sunday?

Since I cannot be Doc Brown and change the past, I don't worry much about looking back at coulda, shoulda. You gave two more excellent examples from the Ted times, though.

PS Yes, I'm happy with King so far.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

When I looked at Davenports tape before the draft I wondered if he'd be quick enough at the next level.
Well - the blocking here is non-existent, but the guy sure moved quick enough....

I went back and forth on Landry vs Davenport (mostly a speed vs a power player) I changed my mind every week (at least). So far it's hard to say who will be better, though you could argue that Landry made a faster start, he always had the edge in development.

55 minutes ago, Leader said:

When I looked at Davenports tape before the draft I wondered if he'd be quick enough at the next level.
Well - the blocking here is non-existent, but the guy sure moved quick enough.....

Not a bad play for sure for Davenport. Wish we hadn't of blown so many picks on DB but this last year and this years class King and Alexander/Jackson look the part. Had we hit earlier we would't have missed on Watt. Had to make up from the prior years mistakes.