NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Well, Jimmy, if that team wants to win, they will most likely look at other QB options.

The guy's actually not a loser. He's clearly a system QB however - so how well he'd fit in Arians's "bombs away" offense - that might be the square peg that doesnt fit the hole.

Just now, Leader said:

The guy's actually not a loser. He's clearly a system QB however - so how well he'd fit in Arians's "bombs away" offense - that might be the square peg that doesnt fit the hole.

I know, I was just taking a shot at Jimmy for screaming “eff Green Bay” as he walked off the frozen tundra 10 days ago.

Yes, he’s a game manager with a lousy arm.  Good luck Jimmy.

Axios -  "Mr. Flores has determined that the only way to effectuate real change is through the Courts, where the NFL’s conduct can be judged by a jury of Mr. Flores’ peers. A judgment that is long overdue."

• The suit is filed as a proposed class action.
  • Flores claims that he was informed by New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick that the New York Giants head coaching job had gone to someone else, three days before Flores was scheduled to interview for it.

Just now, Leader said:

Hmmmm......didnt know that. Oh well. SF won....but not because of him.

I’ll find the link.  He hugged Gould after his game winning field goal and shouted F*ck Green Bay.

No biggie, but I wanted to tell Jimmy it wasn’t because of his stellar play, lol.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Axios -  "Mr. Flores has determined that the only way to effectuate real change is through the Courts, where the NFL’s conduct can be judged by a jury of Mr. Flores’ peers. A judgment that is long overdue."

• The suit is filed as a proposed class action.
  • Flores claims that he was informed by New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick that the New York Giants head coaching job had gone to someone else, three days before Flores was scheduled to interview for it.

"I'm suing because I got an interview I wouldn't have even got otherwise if not for Affirmative Action."

(ducks)

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

I'm definitely not wrong. His claim is literally that he was interviewed only for the Rooney Rule because they already hired someone else...

Yes - that's his claim - and he could very well be correct.
What I was saying is he was entitled to consideration because of his record. He's a good coach.

Matthew Fairburn -  A lot to unpack here, but the lawsuit includes these texts from Bill Belichick to Brian Flores, mistakenly congratulating him for landing the Giants job. Belichick meant to text Brian Daboll. This was three days before Flores interviewed.

• Matt Schneidman -    "Sorry -- I ****ed up." -- Bill Belichick