NFL News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Joe Spinosa -  If Rodgers goes to an AFC team & Tom Brady retires, Kirk Cousins has a strong argument for being the best quarterback in the NFC. Now is not the time for a rebuild in Minnesota.

• Ross Uglem -  This is Kirk’s burner.

///

:)

Who is his competition?  Probably Russell Wilson, Dak, Kyler Murray, and Stafford.  It really isn't that absurd.  

Why do I always have to be the Packers fan that carries water for Kirk ******* Cousins?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Who is his competition?  Probably Russell Wilson, Dak, Kyler Murray, and Stafford.  It really isn't that absurd.  Why do I always have to be the Packers fan that carries water for Kirk ******* Cousins?

Cause you're in Missouri....surrounded by individuals who root for the underachieving underdog....so, some of it rubs off :) 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

PFT -  Washington is gearing up for its big announcement of a team name and uniforms next week.

///

The world anxiously awaits the new name of the Redskins/WFT team.
Personally, I'd stick with WFT. It's unique in the sports world and isn't Generals, Marshals, Warriors, Bombardiers...

Here is my idea:

The Presidents.  Have goofy caricature mascots of each of the Presidents doing goofy stuff, they can all have different exaggerated personalities.  Like Teddy Roosevelt can charge into danger, Gerald Ford can fall down the steps, George Washington can steal the ladies, Donald Trump can bribe people.  It would be fun, and funny.  Have a generic 13 star ring around the logo, and stamp a different President in the middle each week.  

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Who is his competition?  Probably Russell Wilson, Dak, Kyler Murray, and Stafford.  It really isn't that absurd.  

Why do I always have to be the Packers fan that carries water for Kirk ******* Cousins?

I mean, it's clearly Russell Wilson.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

MLF better make Steno OC and Asst. HC. Gotta keep one of them!

Per Silverstein at JSO, it sounds like Steno is staying in GB, and screw Hackett for trying to raid the GB staff on his way out.

Hackett had sought to bring Stenavich to the Broncos, but according to Mike Klis of 9News.com in Denver, Stenavich is staying in Green Bay.

The Packers did not have the right to block the Broncos from hiring Stenavich, so it's likely LaFleur offered him the offensive coordinator's job or gave him a large raise to stay.

• Like 2