NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   “Hey we have the worst cap situation in the league and a tight end playing QB but have you tried the food in New Orleans?!”

Yup, 70 million over the cap with no QB to speak of ... time to jump ship.  Doesn't matter how good the food is .. that team's situation will make anyone sick and then the food doesn't matter.

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  Sean Payton has informed the #Saints that he’s stepping away.

///

Guess he doesnt want any more of a rebuild either.

I though maybe Jones would fire Mac and hire one of his coordinators.  Now I think Mac gets one more year and no matter what gets fired so Payton can stroll in after a year of recharging the batteries. 

• Like 1

ProFootballTalk -   Raiders request interview with Todd Bowles.

///

I wonder how Arian's saying he's coming back is playing with Bowles plans. I'd figured him to take over when Arian's steps down.....but maybe he's anxious to get his own gig sooner.

ProFootballTalk -  Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen was scheduled to interview with the Bears on Tuesday. Allen did not interview with the Bears on Tuesday. Allen got an endorsement from Payton to become his replacement and is expected to interview for the job.

Tom Pelissero -  The Giants plan to interview #Bills DC Leslie Frazier a second time for their head coaching job Friday, per source. So with Joe Schoen in place as GM, his former Buffalo colleagues Brian Daboll and Frazier are both getting a long look in New York.

///

The Giants are becoming Buffalo South.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -   Raiders request interview with Todd Bowles.

///

I wonder how Arian's saying he's coming back is playing with Bowles plans. I'd figured him to take over when Arian's steps down.....but maybe he's anxious to get his own gig sooner.

Tampa's gonna have some hard choices with the cap also.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Tampa's gonna have some hard choices with the cap also.

I've heard drips and drabs about their situation.....but I honestly dont keep up with the details of their roster. Kinda odd given my proximity...but it is what it is.

Just now, Leader said:

I've heard drips and drabs about their situation.....but I honestly dont keep up with the details of their roster. Kinda odd given my proximity...but it is what it is.

If Brady walks, the dead cap hit is $41 million.

Even if he plays next year, the dead cap hit for 2023 is $24 million. 

35 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Brady walks, the dead cap hit is $41 million.

Even if he plays next year, the dead cap hit for 2023 is $24 million. 

what are the chances that Brady would do something to give back some cap relief for TB like Brees did?

58 minutes ago, squire12 said:

what are the chances that Brady would do something to give back some cap relief for TB like Brees did?

I’d be surprised. They brought him in for one reason and they have the Lombardi to show for it. In the end, probably a good deal for both sides. Still TBD if he’ll let it go. He definitely is addicted to the highs of the game. He’ll surely look at what the roster will look like but if he hung it up this year, I don’t think anyone could blame him. 

Arians should have let it go years ago. I feel like he could meet his maker right on the sidelines. Time to take some stress out of his life.