NFL News & Notes

Leader

26 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He apologized for his remark .. that's good enough for me.  Stupid comment in the heat of the moment.

Agree. Wasnt looking for a pound of flesh. It was a stupid remark he shouldnt have said it and has admitted as such by his apology. A learning moment in the life of one Dak Prescott.

49 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He apologized for his remark .. that's good enough for me.  Stupid comment in the heat of the moment.

man I'm happy I'm not held to the scrutiny of professional athletes in this regard.  I've said so much worse at work lol.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ref union is probably going to deliver a harsher punishment than anything the NFL can levy. Dude might not get another roughing the passer in his career.

Dak: "Hey Ref...what's with that? They guy nearly took my head off"

Ref: "Cam took worse hits. Toughen up"

:)

6 hours ago, BAM said:

I suggested that it likely be some kind of fine and or revocation of season tickets or banned from attending future games, but I think there may be other or better ideas out there. 

But for how long?  It is horrible behavior, I am not defending it.  I just don't think it warrants an infinite ban, especially when nobody was injured.  

Maybe leave it up to the officials who they threw items at?

26 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

But for how long?  It is horrible behavior, I am not defending it.  I just don't think it warrants an infinite ban, especially when nobody was injured.  

Maybe leave it up to the officials who they threw items at?

Throwing bottles, batteries and even d*ldos on to the field should carry a pretty stiff punishment. It could potentially be very dangerous and if you don’t discourage it, many people doing it at the same time would actually be a nightmare. No leniency for recklessness in a crowded situation. 

Edited by Refugee

1 hour ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -   Dwayne Haskins: I definitely feel I can be a starter in this league.

///

I guess PFT is canvassing all the #2's in the league that have little chance of starting.

Or the two quarterbacks on the Steelers roster who will be vying for the job.