NFL News & Notes

Leader

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Idk. MM is a good dude, but I am glad he dosen't coach GB anymore.

MM is and he is a good coach, but it was time for him to move on. Lafleur was the right hire at the right moment.

Edited by BAM

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -    Mark Davis firing Mike Mayock isn’t a good sign for Rich Bisaccia.

Reggie was doing so well there and building something special.

then Mark blew that all up to get Gruden… set that franchise back a decade.

If we didn’t have Brian as the GM for Green Bay…. I would want Reggie.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 3

The Raiders used massive draft capital on skill position players and a safety, then busted on a top 10 EDGE.

You’re not gonna have a solid foundation that way only to exacerbate it by drafting a center in round one.

Coaching was good. From Gruden and the guy whose name I won’t try to spell.

Management was terrible.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The Raiders used massive draft capital on skill position players and a safety, then busted on a top 10 EDGE.

You’re not gonna have a solid foundation that way only to exacerbate it by drafting a center in round one.

Coaching was good. From Gruden and the guy whose name I won’t try to spell.

Management was terrible.

Gruden as the GM/HC was management. He wasn’t worth it as a coach given how poor he was at picking players.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Gruden as the GM/HC was management. He wasn’t worth it as a coach given how poor he was at picking players.

Gruden as HC is overrated, but I guess I can see someone being blinded by the 20 yr old SB ring. 

But one look at his stint in charge of personnel in Tampa should've been like "oh no, you don't get to be GM." 

Ian Hartitz -   Highest rate of pass-catchers considered open or wide open during the 2021-22 season (including playoffs, PFF)

1. Chiefs (54.4%)
2. Packers (49.4%)
3. Rams (49.4%)
4. Buccaneers (48.8%) 5. Cowboys (48.2%)

... 32. Bears (38.9%)

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Hartitz -   Highest rate of pass-catchers considered open or wide open during the 2021-22 season (including playoffs, PFF)

1. Chiefs (54.4%)
2. Packers (49.4%)
3. Rams (49.4%)
4. Buccaneers (48.8%) 5. Cowboys (48.2%)

... 32. Bears (38.9%)

PFF is kind of like watching the NFL on Nickelodeon - great for drawing kids and those who know little about football in and teaching a basic understanding. 

An appetizer to get you started, with a serious lack of context and the complexities of a team's moving parts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BAM said:

PFF is kind of like watching the NFL on Nickelodeon - great for drawing kids and those who know little about football in and teaching a basic understanding. An appetizer to get you started, with a serious lack of context and the complexities of a team's moving parts.

Thanks for the insight but I simply post the information for others to consider.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thanks for the insight but I simply post the information for others to consider.

I know Leader. I appreciate your posts and contributions. I wasn't meaning that as a shot towards you at all. Sorry if it came off that way.

Edited by BAM

1 hour ago, BAM said:

PFF is kind of like watching the NFL on Nickelodeon - great for drawing kids and those who know little about football in and teaching a basic understanding. 

An appetizer to get you started, with a serious lack of context and the complexities of a team's moving parts.

PFF is like then the teacher makes you go up and solve a problem on the white board but you just had peed your pants a little