NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Hackett's gone IMO. If an organization isnt looking to get in on the AR raffle, they want in on the offensive scheme thats produced so well. Not sure about Getsy. Feels like it's too early for him as HC. Perhaps he'll "next man up" as our OC and enhance his future prospects.

Unless Getsy gets an OC position elsewhere before Hackett gets hired as a HC, Getsy is next in line to be OC.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

How can we get a copy of this?

Follow that with a Matt La Fleur presentation (not that he would do it). The difficulty in dealing with Rodgers unhappiness before the season start, the absurd list of injuries, not so much in numbers, but to the most vital players on the team, the terrible cap situation that had to be dealt with (and still looms going forward). Through it all, another 13 win season despite a humiliating 38-3 loss to the Saints, to kick off the season.

A somewhat different culture.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless Getsy gets an OC position elsewhere before Hackett gets hired as a HC, Getsy is next in line to be OC.

Do we know if Getsy's been getting OC interviews?

AR's says he's going to make his plans known soon after the season ends. Doesnt mean he'll be targeting a destination team - just "I'm staying" or "outta here."

If - Hackett's seen as possible AR enticement - then I would think his hire would happen pretty quick.

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

AR's says he's going to make his plans known soon after the season ends. Doesnt mean he'll be targeting a destination team - just "I'm staying" or "outta here."

If - Hackett's seen as possible AR enticement - then I would think his hire would happen pretty quick.

If a team wants to hire someone, they won’t wait, not when there are 7 other teams circling in the water after a coach too

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but HC can still refuse to let positional coaches interview for coordinator positions because they're viewed as lateral moves.  Don't think LaFleur is that kind of HC though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but HC can still refuse to let positional coaches interview for coordinator positions because they're viewed as lateral moves.  Don't think LaFleur is that kind of HC though.

This is correct. This is what Shanahan did to LaFleur's brother.

39 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes, they can, but as MLF pointed out.  It can lead to resentment from coaches within your organization when you don't allow it.  It's not the culture you want among coaches in Green Bay.   

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

My bet is they make him passing game coordinator so that him and Stenavich are at the same level (like Shanny did with Lafleur and McDaniel).

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not anymore, they changed it last year I believe.

15 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Nagy bombing in Chicago surely hasn't helped Bieniemy. 

Pederson won a SB in Phi, he was the guy prior to Nagy. 

Of course, Pedersen winning a SB didn't even help Pederson. Bienemy will always have that unfortunate issue of too much pigment so that issues that owners will handwave away for some inexperienced coach "because they just like him" become insurmountable hurdles for Bienemy.