NFL News & Notes

Leader

ProFootballTalk -   I ran by someone in the know this new narrative that Stephen Ross never wanted Deshaun Watson. Source says Ross was “obsessed” with getting Watson.

///

Reason #1 IMO why Flores was fired. He wasnt as hot to trot for Watson.

45 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I wish the NFL would put a rule in place that says teams can’t interview or “distract” coaches that are still in the hunt for a Superb Owl.  I’d like for our coaches to be singularly focused on their important work as opposed to being flown around the country for multiple interviews.  I imagine the emotional energy alone is completely draining and taxing for these sought-after assistants.

The coaches could decline to interview.

Since it is an opportunity for them to get a promotion, likely in their best interest to do the interviews 

11 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Not sure it was posted, or anyone really cares, but Elliot Wolf is interviewing with the Bears for their GM job... Will a Wolf be coming back to the north? dun dun dunnnnnnnn

He has been bouncing around a bit with Cleveland and now New England. Should of just stayed in GB…

2 hours ago, Leader said:

NFL Rumors -   According to a league source, the Las Vegas Raiders will move on from Rich Bisaccia as head coach.

Yah that sucks.  Guy deserves a shot next season.  He did very well with the Raiders.  These owners are so quick to fire coaches.  Having a revolving door isn't the way to win in the NFL.   Man what a beat down tonight.  Good for Buffalo.  Anyway was pulling for LV hard tonight.  Team has been put through the gauntlet and Bisaccia held it together and got them in the playoffs.  Solid coaching staff in place but stupid owner has to make a change.  That will set the team back.

10 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

So Hackett will have interviewed with the Broncos, Bears, Vikings, and Jags thus far. With how many openings are available, hard not to see him landing with a team as their HC.

Eric Bieniemy has been a favorite to get a head coaching gig for the last 3 seasons…

17 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

So Hackett will have interviewed with the Broncos, Bears, Vikings, and Jags thus far. With how many openings are available, hard not to see him landing with a team as their HC.

Hackett's gone IMO. If an organization isnt looking to get in on the AR raffle, they want in on the offensive scheme thats produced so well. Not sure about Getsy. Feels like it's too early for him as HC. Perhaps he'll "next man up" as our OC and enhance his future prospects.

7 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Eric Bieniemy has been a favorite to get a head coaching gig for the last 3 seasons…

From what I've heard, there has been some underlying issues with him that has "hurt" his chances.  Not sure why but certainly has been the case.  With Hackett, there's been none of that and with all the teams looking for head coaches, the odds of them both getting a job are high.  If Bieniemy doesn't this year, don't think he ever will.