NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell -   Most Completions to RBs

1. Tampa Bay - 113

Bottom 3 teams are BAL, SF, LAR

///

Check down Tommy.

Not so fast...   I think it is just throw the ball a ton Tommy.

GB's top 2 RBs in targets are Jones and Dillon. Combined 86 receptions.  TB's top 2 RBs in targets are Fournette and Bernard.  Combined 92 receptions.  Not that big of a difference.  But when you look at Aaron Rodgers 531 pass attempts vs Tom Brady 719 pass attempts, you see the difference.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is what the Packers should have done for Preston. Bucs did something similar for Suh I believe. 

I doubt the Packers handed 2 million to Preston.  I think he needed 3 sacks to get that big money .. doubt he's ever had a 3 sack game.  Maybe they met in the middle somewhere?

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I doubt the Packers handed 2 million to Preston.  I think he needed 3 sacks to get that big money .. doubt he's ever had a 3 sack game.  Maybe they met in the middle somewhere?

He needed 1 for $750k. Figured the Packers might give him that so he wouldn't be trying to bust his *** in a meaningless game. 

Spotrac -   How the 2021-22 NFL Playoff Starting QBs Were Acquired...

ARZ: Draft
BUF: Draft
CIN: Draft
DAL: Draft
GB: Draft
KC: Draft
LAR: Trade
LV: Draft
NE: Draft
PHI: Draft
PIT: Draft
SF: Trade
TB: Free Agency
TEN: Trade

///

BB exports coaches. GB exports "Draft & Develop" theory :)

Mike Wells -   Chris Ballard on Carson Wentz: ‘At the time, we felt it was the right decision…I’m not going to make a comment on who is going to be here next year and who is not.’

• Andrew Brandt -   Translation: "Darn, I wish we didn't trade our one this year."

Peter Bukowski -  I mentioned the other no one has more on the line for this playoffs legacy wise than Aaron Rodgers.

Matthew Stafford has to be 2nd. If he flames out in the first round, it’s going to get ugly narratively for him (and for Sean McVay). And if they go on a run, he’s canonized.

Why is everyone so upset with the Culley firing from Houston?

Didnt everyone know this was a one and done. No one wanted that job and they only wanted “patriots people”. So they just needed to have a stop gap.

If Flores wants that job it’s his from all reporting.

If Culley didn’t want to get fired after one year he shouldn’t of taken that job. I get 1 of 32 but if you’re a serious HC candidate you don’t have to take a garbage situation.

Albert Breer -  I will say this—there's a strong list of black HC candidates this year. Among them ...

• Ex-Dolphins coach Brian Flores
• Rams DC Raheem Morris
• Bucs DC Todd Bowles
• Bills DC Leslie Frazier
• Patriots ILBs coach Jerod Mayo
• 49ers DC DeMeco Ryans.

8 openings. We'll see.

///

For no known reason I see Bowles hanging around Tampa till Arians hangs them up.