NFL News & Notes

Leader

26 minutes ago, squire12 said:

McCarthy status in Dallas might be related to how serious teams are in hiring Moore as a HC.  

Jones may not want to " lose out " on Moore the way he did Sean Payton 15+ years ago.

I would say that situation is very fluid!!!

If you think Kellen Moore is the next great young offensive minded head coach then ship out McCarthy and go with the young fella.  McCarthy is a bit of a relic it seems.

I frequently remind myself that the NFL stands for the Never-say-never Football League. So, firing McCarthy could happen to promote Moore. I'd encourage you to not hold your breath for too long though. MM has a 5 year $30,000,000 contract. Jerry didn't get rich throwing money away.

• Like 1

Field Yates -   The Bears have requested to interview Chiefs Executive Director of Player Personnel Ryan Poles for their vacant GM job, per source. There are 3 teams with a GM vacancy and all 3 of them are interviewing the 36-year old Poles.

28 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If you think Kellen Moore is the next great young offensive minded head coach then ship out McCarthy and go with the young fella.  McCarthy is a bit of a relic it seems.

I don't think Moore is.  But if Jerry does, that could be interesting.    

Jones has been trying to find a HC for a long time.  Sean Payton was with Dallas 2003 to 2005 before going to NO.  Losing Payton still stings for Jones

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Better question is does anyone think Moore is the next great offensive mind? Because what has he done to earn this?

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BAM said:

I frequently remind myself that the NFL stands for the Never-say-never Football League. So, firing McCarthy could happen to promote Moore. I'd encourage you to not hold your breath for too long though. MM has a 5 year $30,000,000 contract. Jerry didn't get rich throwing money away.

You vastly underestimate how ridiculously wealthy Jerry Jones is. $30 million to him is less than the equivalent of $300 to someone who makes $100k a year. It's pretty much chump change and would have little affect on his decision.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

You vastly underestimate how ridiculously wealthy Jerry Jones is. $30 million to him is less than the equivalent of $300 to someone who makes $100k a year. It's pretty much chump change and would have little affect on his decision.

Its "chump change" but i still wouldnt give $300 dollars away, most people dislike giving away free cash.

Kellen Moore is all media gas right now, been a coach since 2018, not ready at all. 

Mcvay became head coach at 31 but he had already been in the league for almost 10 years, Lafleur had 12 years as a coach already, Shanahan 11 these young guys that come in and have success arent immediate sensations. Zac taylor who many viewed as not close to ready, (widely panned by the media) had been a coach for 7 years already.

Edited by ifeelasleep

2 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

Its "chump change" but i still wouldnt give $300 dollars away, most people dislike giving away free cash.

Kellen Moore is all media gas right now, been a coach since 2018, not ready at all. 

Mcvay became head coach at 31 but he had already been in the league for almost 10 years, Lafleur had 12 years as a coach already, Shanahan 11 these young guys that come in and have success arent immediate sensations. Zac taylor who many viewed as not close to ready, (widely panned by the media) had been a coach for 7 years already.

McCarthy completed 2 yrs so Jerrah would only really be giving way $18,000,000. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

McCarthy completed 2 yrs so Jerrah would only really be giving way $18,000,000. 

i think hed rather use that money to renovate his garage than give it to Mac.

maybe to cover those windows that blind his own players in that opulent stadium, bunch of yes men architects and engineers that couldnt even orient it right.

But we all know hed try to make the tax payers pay for those renovations so theres the answer.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

i think hed rather use that money to renovate his garage than give it to Mac.

maybe to cover those windows that blind his own players in that opulent stadium, bunch of yes men architects and engineers that couldnt even orient it right. But we all know hed try to make the tax payers pay for those renovations so theres the answer.  

It's just bad design. I think it was Romo who made the observation that it was stupid to build the stadium with these window openings facing east and west.  North & south instead....you've got no problem...but maybe the parcel of land wasnt conducive. Regardless, I wouldnt think it a huge project to put some kind of screen over the windows that could be lowered when the sun exposure can affect the game.