NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Make a sham rule, get sham results.

The Rooney Rule is the dumbest, worst rule in the history of dumb rules.

If you want to fix the number of minority coaches, take steps to train minority coaches who want to be head coaches on how to be head coaches.

Pay successful retired head coaches millions to coach rising coaches how to be successful head coaches, and then give those coaches those courses for free.

That said, I don’t think Flores is helping anyone here. He will never be a head coach of another football team now, and this lawsuit isn’t going to help any future minority coaches.

I bet he's a HC next year.

*Edit - I mean in 2023

Edited by incognito_man

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I'm half serious and half kidding about this. I think the Packers should trade Rodgers for a bundle and then sign Jimmy G. Why Jimmy G? He's a game manager who would run MLF's offense they way it should be run. His teammates love him, based on Kittle's comments, he brings calm to the huddle. Once his hand and shoulder heals up, his arm is probably better than it looks. He'll be a lot cheaper than Rodgers, if Love truly is not ready. Chew on that thought.

Actually....just ate a bit for lunch and not hungry.

If AR's not coming back - or - GB's moving on from AR - (take your choice of perspective....) - Love will be QB1 in GB.

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is getting more and more interesting.......

NFL Report:  Former Miami Dolphins HC Brian Flores says that Stephen Ross, the owner of the Miami Dolphins, offered to pay him $100,000 for every loss during the 2019 season to help the team get a better draft spot.

I mean, honestly, the Dolphins should have tanked. Difference between getting Joe Burrow and Tua. That's a franchise altering result there. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, honestly, the Dolphins should have tanked. Difference between getting Joe Burrow and Tua. That's a franchise altering result there. 

IMO their mistake wasnt in W-L record. It was selecting Tua with the 5th pick - when Justin Herbert went with #6.

But then - I personally think Herbert's head and shoulders above Tua in NFL QB skills. Apparently the MIA GM thought otherwise.

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Make a sham rule, get sham results.

The Rooney Rule is the dumbest, worst rule in the history of dumb rules.

If you want to fix the number of minority coaches, take steps to train minority coaches who want to be head coaches on how to be head coaches.

Pay successful retired head coaches millions to coach rising coaches how to be successful head coaches, and then give those coaches those courses for free.

That said, I don’t think Flores is helping anyone here. He will never be a head coach of another football team now, and this lawsuit isn’t going to help any future minority coaches.

Problem isn't race, it's the shift to almost all franchises wanting that "young offensive mind." Most of the time that's QB coach to OC to HC route. They need to get more young black coaches in the QB rooms, that's where the money is made. Leftwich is the only one I know of at the moment.

• Like 1

First and foremost, Brian Flores should be an NFL head coach somewhere, it would be absurd if he isn't. If he's somehow not going to have a top job in 2022, it makes me wish the Packers had an opening at defensive coordinator. Damn good coach.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

First and foremost, Brian Flores should be an NFL head coach somewhere, it would be absurd if he isn't. If he's somehow not going to have a top job in 2022, it makes me wish the Packers had an opening at defensive coordinator. Damn good coach.

We could make one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Problem isn't race, it's the shift to almost all franchises wanting that "young offensive mind." Most of the time that's QB coach to OC to HC route. They need to get more young black coaches in the QB rooms, that's where the money is made. Leftwich is the only one I know of at the moment.

That’s a great point, and a fantastic idea.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Oh I'm sure there's LOADS of lawsuit worthy stuff going on behind closed NFL doors 

The NFL is a bad organization full of bigoted, incompetent fools who got there mostly through nepotism that put out a quality product despite all the things the people in charge want that run against what makes the game interesting and fun.  The more damage we can do to every single NFL front office of every team, the better.

• Like 1