NFL News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I know, I was just taking a shot at Jimmy for screaming “eff Green Bay” as he walked off the frozen tundra 10 days ago.

Yes, he’s a game manager with a lousy arm.  Good luck Jimmy.

Denver or Pittsburgh could be in play.  

Just now, incognito_man said:

"Good" is subjective.

Miami thought he was good enough. NYJ didn't.

This isn't an argument about his ability.

Fine. Not interested in a semantics debate with you.

He's recognized around the league and in media circles as a good coach. That's good enough for me.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Denver or Pittsburgh could be in play.  

Yes - but I think DEN has it's sights set elsewhere. Would they settle for Jimmy G? I guess - dont know.
PIT - is an odd one for me. After Ben......I'm not sure which way they'll jump.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm looking forward to seeing multiple NFL organizations dragged through the mud with this Flores thing.  Apparently Stephen Ross wanted to pay him $100k/loss in 2019 and got mad when the Fish kept winning.

Oh I'm sure there's LOADS of lawsuit worthy stuff going on behind closed NFL doors 

Art Stapleton -  I’m told Giants are expected to retain Thomas McGaughey as their special teams coordinator, per sources. He’ll serve with his third head coach here: Pat Shurmur, Joe Judge and now Brian Daboll. TMac was also with NYG as assistant special teams coach with Tom Coughlin.

• Zach Kruse -   Welp, scratch that name off the list.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

They circumvented the rooney rule unless they had already interviewed other minority coaches

Depends.  If they'd actually hired Dabo - or if his interview(s) went well and he simply conveyed to others he thought he got the job - which prompted BB's congratulatory texts.

This is getting more and more interesting.......

NFL Report:  Former Miami Dolphins HC Brian Flores says that Stephen Ross, the owner of the Miami Dolphins, offered to pay him $100,000 for every loss during the 2019 season to help the team get a better draft spot.

Make a sham rule, get sham results.

The Rooney Rule is the dumbest, worst rule in the history of dumb rules.

If you want to fix the number of minority coaches, take steps to train minority coaches who want to be head coaches on how to be head coaches.

Pay successful retired head coaches millions to coach rising coaches how to be successful head coaches, and then give those coaches those courses for free.

That said, I don’t think Flores is helping anyone here. He will never be a head coach of another football team now, and this lawsuit isn’t going to help any future minority coaches.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -   Jimmy Garoppolo: I just want to go to a place where they want to win.

///

My money's on Tampa at this point.

I'm half serious and half kidding about this. I think the Packers should trade Rodgers for a bundle and then sign Jimmy G. Why Jimmy G? He's a game manager who would run MLF's offense they way it should be run. His teammates love him, based on Kittle's comments, he brings calm to the huddle. Once his hand and shoulder heals up, his arm is probably better than it looks. He'll be a lot cheaper than Rodgers, if Love truly is not ready. Chew on that thought.