Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I feel like the Twins need to shut Berrios down. Something is clearly wrong, whether it’s physically or mentally, and he’s not going to work through it. 

I think that they just need to give him a little bit of time off. I don't think that they  need to shut him down, but where we're at right now, let Smeltzer become a sixth starter to give Berrios and everyone else a bit of time to rest before the playoffs. Even one extra day would be useful.

9 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I think that they just need to give him a little bit of time off. I don't think that they  need to shut him down, but where we're at right now, let Smeltzer become a sixth starter to give Berrios and everyone else a bit of time to rest before the playoffs. Even one extra day would be useful.

They did push this start back a day

I think it wouldn't hurt to try skipping a start or 2. If it really is a mechanical issue, maybe he could pitch a few times out of the bullpen to work on it

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

They did push this start back a day

I think it wouldn't hurt to try skipping a start or 2. If it really is a mechanical issue, maybe he could pitch a few times out of the bullpen to work on it

Ah, I wasn't sure that they had because I thought that Dobnack's start might have been because of Gibson's injury. Then yeah, I wouldn't mind him skipping a start.

16 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Huge huge huge win against the red Sox. We better have a drama free Vikings season because I don't know much more of this I can take. I think it's more stressful listening to it on the radio

Of course if the Vikings win the super bowl I could die the next day and be happy

Yet, how he's handled the pitching staff has worked out more often than not. I don't think there's ever been a team since CG's stopped being a thing that fans have been happy with the handling of the pitching staff. Baldelli has done better more often than not and has handled them much better than Molitor did in my opinion.

Also, that throw by Rosario was amazing.