Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Mavs are a good team but Wolves should be a good favorite to win this one unless there are any significant injuries. Mavs will miss Kleber who I don't think will be fit atleast for first 3-4 games of the series. KAT had toughest defensive assignment in the league last series defending Jokic and also had to defend KD in first series...he should finally have an easier defensive assignment this series which should help him exert more energy on the offensive end. Thinking Wolves in 6

• Like 2

16 hours ago, swede700 said:

I do find it odd to not have any guard on the first team, not sure if it was just the leader vote getters all get the top 5 spots or what.  But clearly defending a PG or strong SG is totally different than defending the post.  Granted some of these big guys do that at times in the game but obviously not all game long.  

Is sweet Suggs made the 2nd team and had a great year for the Magic.  McDaniels honestly I feel should have been 1st team potentially.  And if it was just based off the playoffs, one could argue Anthony Edwards could make the 2nd team with his standout play on that side of the ball.  Edwards is bigger, stronger and more athletic than any of those guards that made the 2nd team, he is hard to go up against with that athletic ability and toughness defensively.  

After asking Anthony Edwards for Minneapolis restaurant tips after the Wolves' Game 7 win over Denver Sunday, Charles Barkley chose a classic for his evening meal after arriving in the Twin Cities Tuesday.

The NBA on TNT pundit and NBA Hall of Famer visited Manny's Steakhouse in downtown Minneapolis ahead of Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Dallas Mavericks.

"Well friends, he brought his a** right in to see us!" the restaurant said on its social media pages on Wednesday, adding "You and your group were absolute gems to have and we can't wait for you to come back!"

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-lifestyle/charles-barkleys-minneapolis-restaurant-selection-mannys-steakhouse?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0BFclnfCVAbnbv87SjE_DqZQPq8P_CkC71QGtC36ar61sVJklY-CrvodI_aem_Ac05v_Iuei43MBIaFy5z-54Kex-JtgCkM38VT1CoXxeC2gdfEm4VaG2lqvPOfALXUKYcUQN3sj9eIcZF57rXZ_7R

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

After asking Anthony Edwards for Minneapolis restaurant tips after the Wolves' Game 7 win over Denver Sunday, Charles Barkley chose a classic for his evening meal after arriving in the Twin Cities Tuesday.

The NBA on TNT pundit and NBA Hall of Famer visited Manny's Steakhouse in downtown Minneapolis ahead of Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Dallas Mavericks.

No hate on people that like Manny's, but it wouldn't even be in the top 20 of restaurants I'd recommend in the cities. High prices for mediocre, boring food. A place to be seen by middle age dudes and try to feel important, nothing else.

Edited by Heimdallr
  • Like 2

At least Edwards his slightly higher taste than some Loons players....

El-Ahmad talked to his players and staff about Ramsay and asked them for their favorite restaurant recommendations for when he arrives to the Loons. He’s still working out a travel visa, but the hope is he gets to Minnesota in early March.

Their food choices might raise a few eyebrows.

"I was surprised how many players said Olive Garden. I thought they shut Olive Garden down when I went to college," El-Ahmad joked.

https://www.fox9.com/sports/minnesota-united-fc-soccer-eric-ramsay-head-coach

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

No hate on people that like Manny's, but it wouldn't even be in the top 20 of restaurants I'd recommend in the cities. 

Spielman used to take prospective players there, i remember, but we don't hear about Kwesi doing so.

does seem like a place Barkley would want to go to.

Manny's is good if you want that 1960's, Madmen feel. The food is quality, but nothing special. It's overpriced and you're paying for the atmosphere. But you won't have a bad meal there.  You can pay a quarter of the price at numerous other restaurants in MSP and have a more delicious experience. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Spielman used to take prospective players there, i remember, but we don't hear about Kwesi doing so.

That’s because the days of FA visits is long gone. 

Manny’s was a Vikings tradition long before Spielman. 

• Like 1