Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

They are, he has been consistently graded as one of the worst umpires and has a lot of his notable misses in big moments of the game. There are a number of compilation videos of his missed calls. Some are close, but a lot are just horrible. 

Ya, grade out as about the worst every year......and tried to sue the league for not respecting him enough....

• Like 1

Loons have (finally) officially offloaded Reynoso to Tijuana. One of the best players in MLS when he shows up, but every time he goes home to Cordoba he just goes off the rails.

Luckily we’ve been better off without him this year, and now we have an extra DP and international roster spot to bring in someone this summer.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ve never seen a team like the Wolves. Dialed in on the road. Dysfunctional at home. 

Mind boggling. 

Yeah, this is an awful start to this game.  Mavericks shooting 60% from the floor and over 50% from 3.  Yeah this is bad news, and Wolves are shooting 37% from the floor and 22% from three.  Clearly the Wolves defense means nothing against this Dallas team who is taking them apart.  

• Like 1

Disappointing end to the Wolves season, but still a 100% successful season. I'm excited for what they can do next year. The big thing from this last series (and really the Denver series) is that they need to steal a few minutes better to rest the stars. Ant played a ton of minutes in both series after a long season. So really, it might be, can the Wolves get a locked in playoff position (ideally #1 seed) with a few games to go next year to let the stars rest and be ready for a lot of minutes in the playoffs.

• Like 3

Now onto the Twins who after a very bad start to the season have turned things around, thanks in part to the pitching of Paddock, Ober, and Ryan who have been very good to start the season. In particular Ryan has really taken a step forward. Need Lopez to get back on track and the rotation is pretty solid looking. And Royce Lewis is working his way back, played in AAA recently. Wasn't supposed to be running at 100% as he was DH'ing, stole second base much to the chagrin of the team. Getting him back even as a DH for a little bit would add a lot to the offense and eventually he can Miranda can split time at 3B and DH.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Disappointing end to the Wolves season, but still a 100% successful season. I'm excited for what they can do next year. The big thing from this last series (and really the Denver series) is that they need to steal a few minutes better to rest the stars. Ant played a ton of minutes in both series after a long season. So really, it might be, can the Wolves get a locked in playoff position (ideally #1 seed) with a few games to go next year to let the stars rest and be ready for a lot of minutes in the playoffs.

They need to find some offensive help next year too, not sure how they'll find. The defensive identity can only take to so far. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

They need to find some offensive help next year too, not sure how they'll find. The defensive identity can only take to so far. 

They kind of need offensive help,  I'd agree, but I'd say that's mainly from the bench. Naz and NAW were way to inconsistent in the playoffs with points. Getting someone who can shoot decently well and put up 10-12 points per game off the bench without worrying about that scoring would be huge.

• Like 1

I'm by no means a die-hard Wolves fan but it was fun to watch them make a deep playoff run. Not much you can do when both Luka and Kyrie shoot the lights out of the building. What frustrated me most is all of the mini scoring runs that were given up. We go to long without a bucket.

This will be the most interesting offseason for the Wolves in a long time.

• Like 2

Not that it would've mattered but we need/needed to be better from the FT line.

Game 1: 11/18 (.611 - lost by 3 Mavs were 16/17)
Game 2: 26/32 (.813 - lost by 1 but Mavs were .682 from the stripe)
Game 3: 12/17 (.706)
Game 4: 16/25 (.640)
Game 5: 17/21 (.810)

Series total: 82/113 (.726)

Our regular season average was .777 (18th out of 30) so we were 5  % points below our season average.

• Like 2

Royce Lewis is back for the Twins, he's now 3-3 on the season with 2 walks and 2 HR's as well. But Twins lost to the Yankees. It'd be nice to get a win in NY in the next couple of days.

• Like 2