Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

yikes. what exactly about the packers' DBs would suggest that this guy deserves a promotion?

Yea he’s been a safety coach(not all DBs) with GB since 2009 and wasn’t considered for a DC job in GB or around the league. Kind of telling. He’s developed some good safeties it seems and could be intriguing with bringing in Morgan Burnett this offseason but blah. Learning under Capers is a negative.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yikes. what exactly about the packers' DBs would suggest that this guy deserves a promotion?

I remember the Packers used to have a real good run of DB's.

Charles Woodson
Nick Collins
Tramon Williams
Sam Sheilds
Jarrett Bush
Casey Hayward
Micah Hyde
Damarious Randall
Quinten Rollins

These were guys that were productive when they were with the Packers or had moments.  Wasn't Randall like a Safety and turned into a really good CB? I mean before the pass rush for the Packers turned to mush, I always remember the DB's being on of the strengths of the Packers.

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Filling the coaching staff with drunks and nosepickers lmao

0 respect for drunk drivers. Especially with all the resources available to us today and the extra resources available to players/coaches. And why is he even doing this during the season? Seems even more irresponsible. I don't really know his background, but if the present is any indication, he doesn't seem to fit the culture we're trying to build here.

It is funny that these semi-obscure coaches have people so worried. We all pretty much agreed that retreads would be a mistake...and so are guys that are off the radar? Any coach/coordinator that is hired without previous NFL experience at that position will be a question mark. I like the ideas of new people, I feel(perhaps wrongly)that will lead to an aggressiveness that we have been missing for years here in Titan land. 

Bring on the no-names, there may be some growing pains but I think we were going to take a fairly large step back in '18 if we made no changes, so if it leads us to something better...I'm good!

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea he’s been a safety coach(not all DBs) with GB since 2009 and wasn’t considered for a DC job in GB or around the league. Kind of telling. He’s developed some good safeties it seems and could be intriguing with bringing in Morgan Burnett this offseason but blah. Learning under Capers is a negative.

Yeah, Capers seemed to have lost his touch, but I remember Capers putting together some really really strong defenses in Green Bay and Carolina.  I think learning from someone can't be all that bad. As long as he isn't doing step for step. Everyone learns from someone right?  lol
Capers learned from Lebaeu in a way too. If you running a 3-4, in some way you are a Lebeau disciple. lol

Every coach is going to reach their end. Capers reached his, but he has been a successful guy in the NFL I think.

Eh...Perry wouldn't be my first choice, but at same time, I don't hate it. I can see success in his background and we all want to break ourselves from our past. This is the perfect example of trying to do that.

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

0 respect for drunk drivers. Especially with all the resources available to us today and the extra resources available to players/coaches. And why is he even doing this during the season? Seems even more irresponsible. I don't really know his background, but if the present is any indication, he doesn't seem to fit the culture we're trying to build here.

I hate hearing about him as a drunk driver. There is no defense for it.  
I won't count it as death sentence. McNair was one that got arrested for it too. 

But if it comes down to someone who doesn't have that on his record and Perry. I'd choose the other guy.

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Worked under Lebeau as Steelers DB coach 2003-2006. Under Rob Ryan as DB coach from 2007-2008. Has been safeties coach at Green Bay since 2009.

Not a bad group to learn from.  I'd hope he'd take some of those concepts and apply some of his own, along with Vrabel. Could be a nice mix. 

Gotta start somewhere. lol

Archived