Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Aren’t the cardinals a 34 hybrid defense ? I love our chances the giants are a 4-3 team which means if he goes to the NYG he has to find pieces that fit his scheme ? positive we got our DC

Giants “were” a 4-3 team. There’s no guarantee they still will be that under Schurmer. Hence, why he’s interviewing Bettcher.

Why do I keep hearing Vrabel is calling plays for the defense? He joked around yesterday about calling anything he wants in all 3 phases but he never came out and said he’s going to be calling the plays for defense. If he is, we’re screwed with finding a DC. Bettcher isn’t coming here to take a backseat when he’s had way more success as a DC then Vrabel.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Giants “were” a 4-3 team. There’s no guarantee they still will be that under Schurmer. Hence, why he’s interviewing Bettcher.

You miss my point, I know they’re looking to change to possibly a 34 but there personnel is already a 4-3 which means it’ll be a transitioning, we’re set over here at TN.

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You miss my point, I know they’re looking to change to possibly a 34 but there personnel is already a 4-3 which means it’ll be a transitioning, we’re set over here at TN.

Eh that means nothing to Bettcher. Giants have players in their front 7 that can likely make the change such as Vernon and Harrison. Harrison has played in a 3-4 before and is an ideal NT. If Morgan can play 3-4 OLB, so can JPP and Vernon.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Eh that means nothing to Bettcher. Giants have players in their front 7 that can likely make the change such as Vernon and Harrison. Harrison has played in a 3-4 before and is an ideal NT. If Morgan can play 3-4 OLB, so can JPP and Vernon.

Speak it into existence say it with me new DC of the TN Titans is ?

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Why do I keep hearing Vrabel is calling plays for the defense? He joked around yesterday about calling anything he wants in all 3 phases but he never came out and said he’s going to be calling the plays for defense. If he is, we’re screwed with finding a DC. Bettcher isn’t coming here to take a backseat when he’s had way more success as a DC then Vrabel.

He didn't say he was calling plays. He pretty much said he is the coach and he can call anything he wants if he wants. Saying it all starts and ends with him. 

He said if he wants to take a shot, he will. If he wants to go for it. He will. Etc. 

But he didn't say he'd call plays. He said in interviews that he will be wherever it is needed that week. Spoke of having knowledge and studying all phases of the game. 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yes!!! Would be a homerun hire. Mentioned him last week for DC

Would be very solid. Would love to see what he does with Byard. 

If we could get Bettcher and somebody like JB Cooter at OC, I'd feel pretty good about this staff. Both are younger guys that have fresh outlooks, but still have some experience to lean on. 

Interesting choice for him. 

A team where his defense would be counted on to carry the team in NY based on their QB situation, maybe. And possible diva with Beckham. 

Or

Here with an unproven HC and young QB. 

Interesting to see what choice  he makes. 

Archived