Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Technically he played the right coverage. I think the players messed up. It was like 4th and 12. Long I know. And the only way the lose is getting beat deep. 

Yea it was definitely the right coverage, but I’m sure the fans were hurt by the lost and just wanted to blame somebody. Most fans don’t know the ins and out football so the first person they blame is the play caller.

Prevent defense is almost guaranteed a head coaching call. Doubt any DC would choose to soften the defense, particularly if it has been playing good.

Just look at teams that go full prevent vs teams that turn up the pressure and then look at the HC.

so, i read today that the ravens blew 18 4th-quarter leads under dean pees. does anyone have context for that number? in 6 years at DC, that’s an average of 3 per year, which seems pretty brutal. but i have no idea how that compares to other teams.

fans getting mad about prevent defense is one thing, but concrete failure to maintain leads is potentially worrying.

I won't hate it if Pees gets the job. It'd get someone on the staff with a lot of NFL experience, he's already been DC of some really good defenses, and fans always hate coordinators. We all know this already. I mean, if we're being honest, we all thought Jim Schwartz was horrific here (and he was) but he did a great job under different coaches in Buffalo and now Philly. As long as Vrabel is the coach we all hope he is, I won't worry about our defense collapsing because the DC puts us in prevent every 4th quarter. Vrabel would theoretically step up and not let that happen. 

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean I’m not sure I’d blame a coach for drops.... This team usually is pretty high on the list of the least dropped passes so if it’s a problem next year, eh then maybe it’s an issue with his coaching.

Hard to say. Outside of the drops Cooper, Crabtree and co did pretty well. Walker was known for dropping a ton of passes in SF, had a bit of an issue with it in 2013 with us, then in 2014 got coached by Mularkey(who for all his faults is one of the best TE coaches around) and despite receiving far more targets as the years went on, drop % went way down.

Nothing concrete to say coaching is the entire(or even most of) the reason for that, but who knows.

25 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Raiders receivers have dropped a lot of passes over the past few years, not sure I like this.

That's not so much the coaches fault. They have gotten the most of their WRs. There 3rd and 4th WRs traditionally gave us problems. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

That's not so much the coaches fault. They have gotten the most of their WRs. There 3rd and 4th WRs traditionally gave us problems. 

True, but to be fair over the last 5 or 6 years every team's 3rd and 4th WRs have killed us..and their first and second. ;)

Archived