Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

9 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

No, Pees would not be good for Byard. Pees doesn't know how to utilize a deep/range safety. He much, much prefers both guys being in the bigger and/or more physical (mentality especially) mold. His scheme isn't great if you want the free safety actually doing free safety things. It's one of the reasons why he plays the corners so far off. He doesn't like the safeties playing deep for some reason. And when he does, he throws the likes of Tony Jefferson back there.

Guys, you really can't look at the stats. Baltimore's defense was tremendous statistically under Greg Mattison too and he was an awful defensive coordinator. Pees wasn't much better. His scheme is bad, especially for getting pressure up front. There's just nothing advanced about it and unless you have a couple of all-pro edge rushers on the outside creating their own pressure it's not going to work. He doesn't know how to scheme anything, and if he does he surely hadn't shown it in New England or Baltimore. The playing corners off complaint is legit too. He will put them 10 yards back on a 3rd and 2. Consistently. There are too many examples of that to count from his time with the Ravens.

I could go on and on and on about this, as could others from Baltimore's forum. You do not want Pees. Vrabel trying to convince him to come out of retirement is a travesty for professional football.

Well our coach & GM are on the record of saying we’re going to put our players in position to make plays based on their strengths, therefore I don’t see us playing a lot of off coverage, that style of play doesn’t fit our DBs, Logan likes to be physical with WR & dictate their routes & adoree struggles with route concepts. Again I’m pretty sure Vabrel has a plan on the style he wants our secondary to play. Good coordinators don’t grow on trees. All the so call good DC are either under contract as such or being promoted to HC, therefore we can only look at DC at college or position coaches in the NFL, with little DC experience. Again you can’t win ??‍♂️

Don’t want anything to do with Pees. Conservative as hell. Basically got fired from NE and then was likely forced to retire by Baltimore. The things Baltimore fans hate about him, we’ll hate about him. Ravens have always had good defenses mainly because they draft defense extremely well. Off coverage is sickening, it should be banned.  I can already see it now.... Hopkins with a 15 catch game for 200+ yards because Ryan and Adoree were playing a mile back.

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Well our coach & GM are on the record of saying we’re going to put our players in position to make plays based on their strengths, therefore I don’t see us playing a lot of off coverage, that style of play doesn’t fit our DBs, Logan likes to be physical with WR & dictate their routes & adoree struggles with route concepts. Again I’m pretty sure Vabrel has a plan on the style he wants our secondary to play. Good coordinators don’t grow on trees. All the so call good DC are either under contract as such or being promoted to HC, therefore we can only look at DC at college or position coaches in the NFL, with little DC experience. Again you can’t win ??‍♂️

This is how I feel. I don't know who people are expecting for the Titans to get to be DC. There are only so many qualified candidates and the fact is none of us know better than Robinson, Vrabel and co. We don't know who they are looking at and while there are hot names for OC who are the hot names for a DC as I haven't seen any. I have seen Pagano but that is about it and he to me is not even that big a deal.

At this point, I am going to trust Robinson and Vrabel to put together the best team and coaching staff respectively and lead the Titans to the promised land. Stud coordinators can't miss are not out there. Need to get good ones and there are a variety of ways to do that.

Vrabel is not rushing it. If Vrabel feels Pees is the best candidate out there so be it. I have faith in Vrabel something I have not been able to say about Titans head coaches in a very long time.

Kind of late to the action here, but I saw Arizona hired Mike McCoy to be their OC. I know Wilks was rumored to bring in DeFilippo as his OC, so now that that is out of the picture, was Defilippo rumored for any other OC/QBC positions? Anybody think it's becoming more clear that he's coming here?

17 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Kind of late to the action here, but I saw Arizona hired Mike McCoy to be their OC. I know Wilks was rumored to bring in DeFilippo as his OC, so now that that is out of the picture, was Defilippo rumored for any other OC/QBC positions? Anybody think it's becoming more clear that he's coming here?

Some believe that the Giants may try to get him as their OC.

I could see the Ravens defensive statistics being inflated by having the Browns and Bengals twice a year. We saw first hand with Mularkey that just because it looks good on paper, doesn't mean it will look good in the future. I didn't trust Jags fans about Cyprien, so I'll trust Ravens fans here.

No Pees.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Don’t want anything to do with Pees. Conservative as hell. Basically got fired from NE and then was likely forced to retire by Baltimore. The things Baltimore fans hate about him, we’ll hate about him. Ravens have always had good defenses mainly because they draft defense extremely well. Off coverage is sickening, it should be banned.  I can already see it now.... Hopkins with a 15 catch game for 200+ yards because Ryan and Adoree were playing a mile back.

You do know that before Lebeau got here his defense was notoriously off coverage & zone & was the reason Pittsburgh let him go? but what happen when he got here, he adjusted & played more man concepts than he normally would. It’s call adjustments dude, again listen to what Vrabel & John Robinson said about getting coaches that will play to players strengths & put them in position to be successful. I doubt Vrabel will contradict himself & hire a guy that does the opposite. Stop worrying about what some fans had to say & look at the facts, the guy is a experience play caller & has a track record of top defenses. You guys act like coaches can’t adapt & get better. If that’s the case we can’t hire anyone & expect dramatic improvements 

Just now, titanrick said:

Do we win that game though?  :)

Mane it’s like beating water with stick they don’t want a high ranked DC that’s currently looking like the best option available with experience calling plays. It’s either him or Pagano I want, & if they think Vrabel about to let this guy play away from our strengths they’re a fool. Adoree sucks playing off with route recognition & Logan excels playing press & being disruptive. Lebeau played a lot of zone prior to coming to TN & guess what he changed his defensive philosophy. Lebeau played Byard near the line of scrimmage his rookie year & the next season what he do ? played to his strength & moved him to centerfield & allowed him to roam ??‍♂️. I give up you can’t get people to see the big picture, we’re not hiring stubborn coaches that can’t take advantage of our personnel skill set..

25 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You do know that before Lebeau got here his defense was notoriously off coverage & zone & was the reason Pittsburgh let him go? but what happen when he got here, he adjusted & played more man concepts than he normally would. It’s call adjustments dude, again listen to what Vrabel & John Robinson said about getting coaches that will play to players strengths & put them in position to be successful. I doubt Vrabel will contradict himself & hire a guy that does the opposite. Stop worrying about what some fans had to say & look at the facts, the guy is a experience play caller & has a track record of top defenses. You guys act like coaches can’t adapt & get better. If that’s the case we can’t hire anyone & expect dramatic improvements 

Weren’t you just beating Mularkey and Robiskie about this? Pees hasn’t shown he can adapt or get better....

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Weren’t you just beating Mularkey and Robiskie about this? Pees hasn’t shown he can adapt or get better....

Clearly you’re not using your head, didn’t Robinson & Vrabel come out & say that they’re looking for leader of men, coaches that can get the best out of our players & scheme around their skill set ? So what makes you think they’re going to hire a guy that put our defense in position to fail. We’ve all seen the tape & know our secondary strengths & weaknesses.

again wasn’t **** Lebeau wrote off before he got to TN & his system was zone heavy & players played too much off coverage. Y’all stuck on some what the fans said & not looking at it from the big picture. Who else is better than pees that will make you comfortable who ??‍♂️. I’m confident he’ll adapt like Lebeau did when he got here.

You're savagely defending a coach that you likely don't know anything about besides the statistics I posted yesterday. That would be the same as someone defending Mularkey when he was 8-4. Numbers don't lie, but they can be deceiving.

It looks like he was forced out of both NE and BAL. Question is why? Probably not because they liked him too much to have him around.

13 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

You're savagely defending a coach that you likely don't know anything about besides the statistics I posted yesterday. That would be the same as someone defending Mularkey when he was 8-4. Numbers don't lie, but they can be deceiving.

It looks like he was forced out of both NE and BAL. Question is why? Probably not because they liked him too much to have him around.

You’re savagely against a coach that you likely don’t know anything about besides or rumors you’ve heard, & last I check the game isn’t played off gossip. Again I’m not just defending him off numbers & statistics because I know numbers don’t lie but don’t tell the half of it, again I keep saying this & ive been waiting on you guys to posts the stats or hit me back wit some facts, how many times has Baltimore offense gave the ravens a short field to work with, or left the defense on the field all day because they can’t move the ball. Not a reply yet, it takes 3 phases to win football games. & again name someone who’s currently available that’s better than pees, that’s a DC in the NFL, not a college DC or position coach ? no reply yet with an answer 

I wouldn't be upset about the Pees hire. He may not be as exciting as Bettcher, but I like the idea of getting an experienced DC on the staff the first couple of years for Vrabel. Getting someone with experience like Pees will allow Vrabel to take more of a CEO approach, IMO. If we went after an unproven DC or someone who hadn't called plays, I think it would lead to Vrabel getting more involved on the defensive side of the ball because the DC won't have the experience. I think getting Pees for anywhere from 1-3 years while Vrabel learns to be the CEO of the team would be just fine. Once Pees is ready to move on go ahead and bring in that younger, less experienced DC because Vrabel will have a better grasp on things as well. I would be fine with Pagano or Pees, but I think Pees might be the most realistic option.

Archived