Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

I don’t mind the hire. Who were we really going to get that fits what Vrabel wants to do? The Arizona guy doesn’t believe in our defense because he chose the Giants. I want Vrabel to not have to be so hands on and Peas allows that. If we go with Flores from the Pats we have no idea how he does and Vrabel probably has to be hands on. I can get behind the hire but will admit the kid thing has me worried but he’s not a terrible coach we could do a lot worse 

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm kinda indifferent on Pees. I prefer him calling our defense over Vrabel though after his disastrous season last year(injuries or not).

that's how i feel. i'd honestly be surprised if our defense took a step back under him, given how underwhelming lebeau was, but i don't know that i expect them to be that much better either.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that's how i feel. i'd honestly be surprised if our defense took a step back under him, given how underwhelming lebeau was, but i don't know that i expect them to be that much better either.

I dunno, while I think LeBeau was well past his prime, I'm not sure anyone could have gotten much more out of our defense last year. I don't think people give enough attention to how under-stocked our defense is. Orakpo and Morgan are solid but neither are premier pass rushers, Woodyard and Williamson are decent but neither can cover very well, Brown tried his best and probably has a future as a nickel LB in this league but him being a rookie was obvious at times, After Ryan and Jackson(and Jackson really only towards the middle of the season as he struggled to start the year) we had no one even remotely reliable at corner, Byard's a good free safety but I think his play was overrated last year, and Cyprien was just kinda meh.

One of LeBeau's staples was always a stifling run defense and that continued here and I think he deserves some level of credit for that, though his insistence on certain coverage matchups was extremely irritating.

JRob is gonna need to knock FA and the draft out of the park on defense.

I'm not going to sit here and crush Mike Vrabel, but I am going to say this:

Our new head coach, who went out of his way to talk about not hiring friends, has now hired Ohio State guys, Texans guys, a coach he played under, and that coach's son, who went 9-11 in two years as a high school football coach. I can't pretend to be overly encouraged.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I'm not going to sit here and crush Mike Vrabel, but I am going to say this:

Our new head coach, who went out of his way to talk about not hiring friends, has now hired Ohio State guys, Texans guys, a coach he played under, and that coach's son, who went 9-11 in two years as a high school football coach. I can't pretend to be overly encouraged.

Not really gonna worry about his son getting hired unless it's a major(position coach) hiring. If he's some defensive quality control guy who gives a ****.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Not really gonna worry about his son getting hired unless it's a major(position coach) hiring. If he's some defensive quality control guy who gives a ****.

Yeah, in the end, the Matt Pees stuff probably doesn't matter. Just fits a theme with the hires that has me a little concerned.

42 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Also how hilarious is it that a high school principle breaks new faster than our media does.

Easily my favorite part of this entire story!! I wonder if their home phone started ringing off the hook with ESPN, SI, Fox Sports, Mort, Shefty... on and on. ?

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'll just say that i get the feeling that vrabel is either going to soar or be an unmitigated disaster.

Ken Whisenhunt's 23 games as head coach of this team are probably the worst 23 games of coaching I've ever seen in my life at any level on any team(well, outside of week 1 of each season lol). I was seriously considering for the first time in my life stopping my support of the Titans until he was fired. Before the playoff win vs KC my favorite Titans moment of the last 8 or so years was by FAR the day Whisenhunt got fired.

So at least as far as I'm concerned he's gonna have to fail pretty hard to be any worse than what we saw just a couple years ago.

Archived