Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

Just now, titanrick said:

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but the timing just doesn’t add up for me. “Hey Dean, we’re not happy with the job you’ve done and we’re going to replace you in the off-season. But put that thought out of your mind for now and let’s go beat the Bengals and make a run in the playoffs!”  Or do we think John harbaugh hovered around pees as the final seconds ticked away, then yelled “You’re fired!” right as the clock hit zero? 

I mean, I get that sometimes a firing is cloaked in language to save face but that doesn’t seem to be plausible here. I think he wanted to call it quits and the excitement of a new challenge and working with an old friend changed his mind. Maybe I’m naive. 

I suppose it's possible. Maybe his contract was up and it was as simple as them not approaching him with an extension and Pees taking the hint? He's been pretty universally hated by Ravens fans the last couple years, I don't know. It just seems like a weird call to voluntarily walk away from a pretty talented unit only to step out of retirement a month later. I'm guessing we'll never really know.

I don't hate the Pees hire...

I also don't think he was forced out of Baltimore... Maybe he just wanted to be closer and spend some time with his family and grandchildren (if he has any). Bringing his son along would make that an option... It could be something as simple as that. 

And its not like the Ravens D is oozing talent... Mosley, Weddle, and an older Suggs... who else?

Theres also 3 shutouts last year, a ton of sacks and turnovers... Overachieving D... I think this has the potential to be an excellent move...

49 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I agree with Pollard we are a few pieces away. Adoree could get better but Cyprien scares me at Safety. Also the LB need is obvious and a big need right now probably the biggest need on defense. Also I know they can probably get Dequan Jones back on the cheap and he was playing great when he got hurt but we still need a really good pass rusher on the actual D-Line that can get to the QB so we don’t always have to just depend on Rak Morgan and maybe Walden if brought back

Yes adoree can get better, but he said he can’t cover period, adoree was solid as a rookie I actually thought his rookie year as a CB was better than Pac-Man.as for DaQuan I want him back but as NT but I’m not sure if TN be willing to cut Sylvester Williams. We need a true pass rushing 5 tech that can eat up double teams & Free Orakpo up & we Need a NT that can collapse the pocket inside & require a double team so Cassey will get more 1 on 1s

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I don't hate the Pees hire...

I also don't think he was forced out of Baltimore... Maybe he just wanted to be closer and spend some time with his family and grandchildren (if he has any). Bringing his son along would make that an option... It could be something as simple as that. 

And its not like the Ravens D is oozing talent... Mosley, Weddle, and an older Suggs... who else?

Theres also 3 shutouts last year, a ton of sacks and turnovers... Overachieving D... I think this has the potential to be an excellent move...

Brandon Williams, Jefferson, Jimmy Smith, Humphrey, those are all pretty well above average talent on D. His units seem to rank well, but Ravens fans seem to attribute a pretty big part of their lack of success to him and especially his 4th quarter defense.

48 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Brandon Williams, Jefferson, Jimmy Smith, Humphrey, those are all pretty well above average talent on D. His units seem to rank well, but Ravens fans seem to attribute a pretty big part of their lack of success to him and especially his 4th quarter defense.

I know it sounds like rationalizing and kinda is....but we know as fans narratives get started and are hard to break. 

We have several about our team and former coaches that just weren't true. But because there were a couple examples and maybe in big situations, those minority events turn into massive tales that happen all the time. 

Wow... LaFleur out of left field. I was convinced we were getting one of the Eagles' two (I actually thought Reich was going to be the guy).

With this hire, it's obvious none of the media have no one inside the Titans front office. 

Everyone freaking out about Day, Perry, Callahan... When they were all non coordinator offers/interest.

Chill out, trust the process. I really can't think of any team that got a better pair of coordinators than we did.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

Those are good players, but not they kinda guys you built teams around. I would argue our talent level matches favorably to theirs (except for ILB, where we have nothing close to Mosley). 

And again, I'll see what his defenses are all about here before I make up my mind about him. Everyone plays bend dont break late in games... Its just mathematically the right thing to do. Non elite CBs dont play press 100% of the time... Again, the odds justbarent there to do it all game. Bottomline is that Pees defenses have had as much success statistically under Pees the past half a decade or so than virtually anyone outside Seattle. The late game losses have to be looked at, and I trust Vrabel will lend a fresh set if eyes to help out there.

10 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Wow... LaFleur out of left field. I was convinced we were getting one of the Eagles' two (I actually thought Reich was going to be the guy).

With this hire, it's obvious none of the media have no one inside the Titans front office. 

Everyone freaking out about Day, Perry, Callahan... When they were all non coordinator offers/interest.

Chill out, trust the process. I really can't think of any team that got a better pair of coordinators than we did.

... Kuharsky? He broke the story. Either way I like it, but until we take the field no idea how good anybof these hires are.

I like the chances of Marcus taking a big step this year. If Goff can do it in one year, hopefully he can too.

Archived