If Foles wins SB, how will this effect Wentz reputation

patriotsheatyan

58 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

People need to relax with this narrative. Wentz would of dropped 30 on Atlanta. Foles went Super Saiyan against the Vikings with Wentz acting as a QB coach. Foles is inconsistent. That is why he's a backup QB. Let's hope he has 4 more quarters of his Super Saiyan form in him

I'm going to hope he has 4 more quarters of Yamcha form in him

On 1/22/2018 at 8:54 AM, iknowcool said:

The only thing I will say is if this should do anything, it should be to pump the brakes on the Wentz hype.  It's only his 2nd season, a season he didn't even finish.  All this talk about him being an elite QB and whatnot is premature.  

He's not an elite qb.  clearly the scheme helped him tremendously. Pederson deserves COY.

lol.  It totaly dampens the perception of Wentz as an elite qb who put the team on his back, they're screwed without him narrative. 

Side note, this is hilarious.  North Dakota wants the Patriots to win because they're Wentz fans and don't want the Eagles winning a superbowl without him playing.  http://www.wday.com/sports/football/4392547-north-dakota-only-non-new-england-area-state-rooting-patriots-super-bowl

1 hour ago, footlunder said:

He's not an elite qb.  clearly the scheme helped him tremendously. Pederson deserves COY.

Most idiotic opinion is this.

Our offense is COMPLETELY different with Foles. Pederson had to change it around a bunch.

This isn't like Minnesota where Keenum came in and ran the same scheme and produced.  Doug has had to tailor the offense to suit Nick's strengths and weaknesses.

All credit to Pederson and it shows that he deserves to be mentioned amongst the top HCs in the league. But that doesn't mean that Wentz wasn't absolutely fantastic before being hurt...

If Foles wins, he will still back up Wentz next year (assuming he's on the team, which I think he will be). So that just shows how good Carson is.

1. The Eagles were able to be in the Superbowl due to home-field advantage that was earned by Carson Wentz. They never reach the superbowl if he didn’t play in the regular season.

2. Besides HFA, Foles was very lucky in his playoff run because he did not play the best teams (saints and panthers). No disrespect, but I think this was more bad Falcons and bad Vikings than good Eagles.

It changes nothing for me and does not put more pressure on wentz next year. 

3 minutes ago, hudson3010 said:

1. The Eagles were able to be in the Superbowl due to home-field advantage that was earned by Carson Wentz. They never reach the superbowl if he didn’t play in the regular season.

2. Besides HFA, Foles was very lucky in his playoff run because he did not play the best teams (saints and panthers). No disrespect, but I think this was more bad Falcons and bad Vikings than good Eagles.

It changes nothing for me and does not put more pressure on wentz next year. 

Foles played great against the Vikings.  He made several downright perfect throws.  Vikings weren't playing great, but Foles was playing the game of his life.

I think it will pump the breaks on some of the perception of him, he's talented and looks to have a very promising career but the hype was ridiculous after two seasons (it's Philly, NFC East so everything is overhyped). They were saying the same about Luck and many other QB's before. He's not 'elite' yet he needs to put in those performances for a number of seasons before you can say that.

Biggest takeaway for me would be that this Philly team is very good and the coaching this season was excellent.

Archived