TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

@Forge @EaglesPeteC

Either one of you guys wanna create a thread for allowing GM's to discuss potential coaching hires that would / could be realistic options.  Could also include newly signed coaches and how those gm's feel about those hires.  Perhaps, discuss game plans or scheme changes.  We've still got a little bit of time to kill and I know that several are chomping at the bit to discuss their coaching staff potential hires.

In addition, I still think we need some kind of football pool for the super bowl in which the winner will receive a minor boost in available cap.  

Announcement

Draft Order is Updated (with the exception of Picks 31 & 32)

I've updated the draft order so those interested in moving up or down with their draft picks in your teams trade block workbooks will now be displaying the correct draft order.

I'm working on getting the draft prospects loaded, and will hopefully have all of the workbooks to you with the exception of the team rosters which I will be updating shortly after the super bowl.

Keep in mind that transactions are taking place irl so when negotiating your trades in this mock draft, your team irl is doing the same along with other transactions.

Good note all the handwringing and debating was for a good reason... lmao

NBC Sports Washington doesn’t expect the Redskins to "tag-and-trade" free agent Kirk Cousins.

The Redskins don’t own Cousins’ rights and would need him to sign a franchise/transition tender to trade him. That would cost Washington at least $29 million in cap space, making it highly unlikely. Cousins is going to hit the free-agent market and has already been linked to the Jets, Broncos, Vikings, and Jaguars. The Redskins will get a 2019 third-round compensatory pick for Cousins.

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

Good note all the handwringing and debating was for a good reason... lmao

You might want to check the thread in NFL News on the Alex Smith trade to WAS.  A few were going round and round on how WAS could try to tag and trade Cousins.  I was trying to state that it would be really risky for WAS as Cousins would have a lot of leverage to make life really difficult in FA.  That tag being $35M would hinder WAS from being able to be active in FA until they got a deal done and moved Cousins.   Cousins knows that, other teams know that.  

WAS just needs to fully move on and take the comp pick they will get in 2019.

25 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You might want to check the thread in NFL News on the Alex Smith trade to WAS.  A few were going round and round on how WAS could try to tag and trade Cousins.  I was trying to state that it would be really risky for WAS as Cousins would have a lot of leverage to make life really difficult in FA.  That tag being $35M would hinder WAS from being able to be active in FA until they got a deal done and moved Cousins.   Cousins knows that, other teams know that. 

WAS just needs to fully move on and take the comp pick they will get in 2019.

WAS wont tag Cousins because if they do and he signs, all he has to do is sit on the bench all season. What are they going to do fine him for not being a team sport?

4 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

WAS wont tag Cousins because if they do and he signs, all he has to do is sit on the bench all season. What are they going to do fine him for not being a team sport?

I agree entirely.  WAS has no leverage if they tag Cousins.   Cousins can not sign it and WAS would likely rescind it before FA starts.  IF Cousins signs the franchise tag offer, then Cousins can take his time in negotiating a long term deal with a team that WAS works out a tag and trade package for him.   BUT Cousins can drag that out for a few days while FA is going on and WAS would be hamstrung with the tag amount counting against their cap.   Cousins could also tell the team trying to trade for him that he wont sign a long term deal with them if they give up too much in players/picks for him.....why would he want to take good assets from the team he is wanting to sign with and try to compete for titles.

Archived