TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

7 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Yeah, even more bizarre people are saying it made sense on their part

7 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Too bad Carr won't have any time to throw to him with half his OL leaving.

Really, it kind of makes both teams worse.

I mean the Bengals got rid of their best offensive player. He may have had a down year, but he is still a top 5 WR in the game for a Center and a LT about to retire. Hudson is a great C but he is still.....a C. I get the Bengals needed Oline help but trade your first round pick, but not your best player.

The Raiders dismantled one of the strengths of their team for a #1 WR and they have a #1 WR in Amari Cooper, who granted, had a down year, but trying to keep both Cooper and Green paid and happy long term would be a significant challenge.

I get it this is all for fun and stuff, and if both teams are happy with the trade than who care. As an outside eye, if this were to really happen, I don't think it would end well for either team. 

Green's an excellent player and as safe a trade target as there is in the league. He'll take coverage away from Cooper. So the trade helps Oakland if they have decent replacement options for Penn and Hudson. 

Similarly, the Bengals O-line was terrible last year and we're basically looking for several new starters. Replacing Ogbuehi and Bodine with 2 pro bowlers is massive. Main concern is how much longer Penn will play at a high level. But he's 2 years younger than Whitworth who we should have kept. Bengals carried 7 WRs on roster last year and it's time to find out if Ross can play. LaFell and Boyd are fine as WR2 and WR3. We may add a vet or draft another WR for insurance. But we couldn't run any kind of offense last year with the O-line we blithely thought would be fine despite losing Whitworth and Zeitler. With Marvin Lewis fired in this sim and replaced by Jim Bob Cooter, we'll see what can be done without Green.

Archived