Super Bowl 52 GDT: New England Evil Empires vs Philadelphia Destiny

Anyway, I know I said it before but the depth of our DL and the fact that Doug is so aggressive are going to both be huge for us.

Jacksonville is a great pass rushing team but they're reliant on 3-4 guys up front and it really showed in the SB when they couldn't get to Brady late in the game. And Jax was so damn conservative in that game...We had half the time they did before the first half ended and we kept our foot on the gas and went down and scored while Jax decided to freaking kneel it.

Plus the Pats defense really isn't that good. People can look at their PPGA (5th in the league, we were 3rd) and point to that to defend NE but there's a reason Football Outsiders has them ranked as the 31st defense in DVOA for this season. 

And I read a stat that every SB winner of like the last 8+ years has been to 5 in defensive DVOA. 

Plus IMO this is the worst Pats team out of all 7 previous SB teams...combine that with Brady being 40...I really do like our chances.

33 minutes ago, Danger said:

Do you think the soldiers who stormed the beaches of Normandy would have benefitted by being nervous?

But the Soldiers are more like the players. I hope the players aren't nervous. The people at home(fans) sure were nervous about the soldiers though. 

1 hour ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Brady and BB, I don't know how people in here aren't more nervous. 

I'm nervous because it's the Super Bowl and because it's against the AFC Champion.

What Brady and Belichick have done in the past doesn't make me nervous because their previous success will have no bearing on this game. The Super Bowl rings from previous seasons don't give them extra abilities or a built in advantage for this game.

This game is it's own thing. The Eagles have proven that they belong in the Super Bowl by earning it and playing their way here. They beat a 13-3 team the last game and in the process, they made the league's best statistical defense look really bad. 

No one is unbeatable. The Patriots have weaknesses just like every other team. 

Someone else addressed the fans vs. players thing but it kind of reveals the edge the Patriots have created for themselves. Teams are scared to play them. In the last decade, the only team that has consistently not backed down to the Patriots is the Ravens. By that, I mean that the Ravens always match the Patriots in physicality and it seems like they consistently play as though they aren't afraid of the Patriots.

The rest of the league has approached the Patriots with the mindset of saying, "it's Brady and Belichick, so what special things do we need to do to play them."

This is a catastrophic mistake. 

By making them more than an another tough opponent, you can get away from playing the type of football that your team excels at. You try to invent new way for your team to win. You overthink situations. You become unnecessarily conservative when when you have a lead and uncharacteristically aggressive when you are trying to set the tone leading to a second half regression from tiring. 

You treat the 2017-2018 Patriots as they are. They're the AFC East Division Winners and AFC Champions. They're a good team and pose a tough test. That's the end of it. That's how I view it as a fan and that's how I hope the team views it. 

Archived