Nintendo Switch Thread

So hearing various people talk about how they use the Switch and how amazing it is made me realize that the problem with the WiiU was nothing more than failed marketing. People are saying how awesome it is to use it on the couch to play games that are available on the WiiU. lol

Edited by Mossburg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 10:19 AM, JBURGE25 said:

Everyone has been making such a big deal about Stardew Valley coming to the Switch. Couldn't care less. Give me more main games, not Skyrim and other games that have been on other systems for a while. 

Because now we can play Stardew Valley in any room/place I want as well as on my TV. Reasons like that are why people are making big deals about ports. I can play Stardew Valley on the go. Skyrim on the go. Doom on the go. These things matter to other people. Heck console/handheld hybrid was one of the BIGGEST selling points for this system.

Anyway, very excited for the Shin Megami Tensei V announcement! Nine Parchments looks like Gauntlet Legends with tons of casting, I'm in for sure. Plus Metroid Prime in just a matter of months! Still want to see something else for Arena of Valor as well. Switch is really heating up this holiday season.

On 10/7/2017 at 2:42 AM, Mossburg said:

So hearing various people talk about how they use the Switch and how amazing it is made me realize that the problem with the WiiU was nothing more than failed marketing. People are saying how awesome it is to use it on the couch to play games that are available on the WiiU. lol

I don't recall EVER seeing a commercial for the Wii U, it was one of the most poorly marketed consoles I can ever remember. But the fact that I am not tethered to a TV with the Switch and I can get up and go where I want with it makes it feel so much more accessible. And for the record the Wii U had some really great games IMO, but the console itself was as "meh" as they come. I'd love even more Wii U ports to be honest. Lots of people skipped the Wii U and it would be a good opportunity to get those as well as increase the value of the Switch more.

13 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:
On 10/6/2017 at 10:19 AM, JBURGE25 said:

Everyone has been making such a big deal about Stardew Valley coming to the Switch. Couldn't care less. Give me more main games, not Skyrim and other games that have been on other systems for a while. 

Because now we can play Stardew Valley in any room/place I want as well as on my TV. Reasons like that are why people are making big deals about ports. I can play Stardew Valley on the go. Skyrim on the go. Doom on the go. These things matter to other people. Heck console/handheld hybrid was one of the BIGGEST selling points for this system.

Anyway, very excited for the Shin Megami Tensei V announcement! Nine Parchments looks like Gauntlet Legends with tons of casting, I'm in for sure. Plus Metroid Prime in just a matter of months! Still want to see something else for Arena of Valor as well. Switch is really heating up this holiday season.

This just makes me realize that the Switch really isn't made for me. I have literally played it not on a tv twice lol. Oh well, I buy Nintendo consoles for the games anyway

On 10/25/2017 at 9:35 AM, JBURGE25 said:

I've had Odyssey pre-ordered on amazon.ca for like 3 months. It still hasn't updated the shipping date. I guess I'll just go get it friday at walmart or something and then return the amazon copy to walmart when I get it

I just went to bestbuy, bought $70 worth of Nintendo cash and just downloaded it. I Cant wait to play it tonight! 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I just went to bestbuy, bought $70 worth of Nintendo cash and just downloaded it. I Cant wait to play it tonight! 

I am going to a halloween party with the gf tonight where I know pretty much no one. I wish I was playing all night :( 

I'm considering getting a Switch for the holidays. I don't have more than 30-60 minutes to play games each day, and I start to feel guilty if I spend my time in another room playing Xbox while my wife does something else. At least with a Switch we could be in the same room and I could sneak in some quick 10 or 20 minute sessions throughout the day. 

9 hours ago, Tyty said:

Anyone play NBA on switch yet

I have it and love it, although I am having a very hard time getting used to the change to the shooting mechanics (not just on Switch, same on XB and PS4). It's great, plays very well...especially since the patches (although they are HUGE). Having 2K on the go is pretty sweet.