Nintendo Switch Thread

5 hours ago, Danger said:

So any word on the Switch Lite Joycons being safe or not? 

I want to get a Switch Lite (rather than the actual Switch) but I won't if the Joycons are going to **** up the entire console.

What do you mean by "not safe?" Why would they mess up the entire console? The drifting issue should be fixed. 

Buy it if you want it and don't plan on docking your console. 

Edited by Lions017

1 minute ago, Lions017 said:

What do you mean by "not safe?" Why would they mess up the entire console? 

Buy it if you want it and don't plan on docking your console. 

The regular nintendo switch has had it's joycons that have had drift (meaning they move on their own slightly at the idle position)
The Switch Lite, which I want, has it's sticks built in, so I'd have to get the entire thing replaced if its' joysticks are faulty.

@DangerI’ve read from multiple sources the drifting is fixed in both the new Switch and Switch Lite. Will also be fixed on the next Pro Controller version.

Don’t let any persuade you not to get a Lite. It’s gonna be the best handheld ever made basically for $100 less. If you never plan to dock and never plan to play at-home multi-player then it’s a fine choice. Just make sure you never will use these things with 100% certainty.  

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@DangerI’ve read from multiple sources the drifting is fixed in both the new Switch and Switch Lite. Will also be fixed on the next Pro Controller version.

Don’t let any persuade you not to get a Lite. It’s gonna be the best handheld ever made basically for $100 less. If you never plan to dock and never plan to play at-home multi-player then it’s a fine choice. Just make sure you never will use these things with 100% certainty.  

I know for a fact I won't. Thanks BayRaider.

I did end up getting the new Switch myself out of impatience and it’s not as massive as I thought it would be. I play handheld just fine and my hands are small. One of the reasons I wanted a Lite is because it would be smaller. I always opt for the smaller version of a cell phone (iPhone X vs Max for example) just feels way more natural in the hand. 

But the original Switch is a nice surprise and quite comfortable in the hand. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Switch Lite is not better than the new Switch.  That doesn't even make any sense.

Also, how can multiple sources confirm drifting has been fixed?  The new Switch literally just came out.  Drifting happens over time.  The Switch Lite isn't even out.  No clue what you're talking about here.

33 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Switch Lite is not better than the new Switch.  That doesn't even make any sense.

Also, how can multiple sources confirm drifting has been fixed?  The new Switch literally just came out.  Drifting happens over time.  The Switch Lite isn't even out.  No clue what you're talking about here.

I never said the Lite is better than the new Switch. The Lite is the best pure handheld that will ever be produced til now. The Switch is a hybrid machine, not a pure or true handheld device. 

All the Switch Youtubers say the new Switch and Switch Lite have drift fixed and they get their information directly from Nintendo. 

6 hours ago, Danger said:

So any word on the Switch Lite Joycons being safe or not? 

I want to get a Switch Lite (rather than the actual Switch) but I won't if the Joycons are going to **** up the entire console.

Get a switch, if you ever don't use the dock it's always nice to have the option. Plus the battery is better in the updated switch compared to the lite. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I never said the Lite is better than the new Switch. The Lite is the best pure handheld that will ever be produced til now. The Switch is a hybrid machine, not a pure or true handheld device. 

All the Switch Youtubers say the new Switch and Switch Lite have drift fixed and they get their information directly from Nintendo. 

Number 1, trusting information from a company who is trying to do damage control is a bad idea. Number 2 trusting people who get paid by nintendo is a bad idea.

Likely the switch lite will not have the issue (being re-designed and nintendo was aware of the draft issue etc.)  but it hasn't been released yet so we don't know. 

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You said the Lite was going to be the best handheld ever and it's not.  The new Switch has a bigger screen and better battery life - two things that are MASSIVE regarding the handheld portion of the console.  Yea, it cost $100 more, but it's a better console.

How can they say something is fixed and you believe them.  Bro, the Lite is LITERALLY not even out yet.  A lot of times, drift takes time before it starts to effect a controller, or in this case the joycons.  How can someone say that fixed on a product that has not been released.  Of course Nintendo is going to say that.... You think they're going to say, "No, the drift on the joycons still sucks like it always has"....

For the longest time, Nintendo wouldn't even acknowledge stick drift even though countless people complained about it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Number 1, trusting information from a company who is trying to do damage control is a bad idea. Number 2 trusting people who get paid by nintendo is a bad idea.

Likely the switch lite will not have the issue (being re-designed and nintendo was aware of the draft issue etc.)  but it hasn't been released yet so we don't know. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, showtime said:

You said the Lite was going to be the best handheld ever and it's not.  The new Switch has a bigger screen and better battery life - two things that are MASSIVE regarding the handheld portion of the console.  Yea, it cost $100 more, but it's a better console.

How can they say something is fixed and you believe them.  Bro, the Lite is LITERALLY not even out yet.  A lot of times, drift takes time before it starts to effect a controller, or in this case the joycons.  How can someone say that fixed on a product that has not been released.  Of course Nintendo is going to say that.... You think they're going to say, "No, the drift on the joycons still sucks like it always has"....

For the longest time, Nintendo wouldn't even acknowledge stick drift even though countless people complained about it.

1) The Switch is not classified is a true portable. It’s a hybrid machine. 

2) The New Switch and New Lite joycons were completely redesigned underneath the hardware. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

1) The Switch is not classified is a true portable. It’s a hybrid machine. 

2) The New Switch and New Lite joycons were completely redesigned underneath the hardware. 

I don't get what the first point even means.  The new Switch is literally a better handheld machine AND can be docked.  The Lite is a worse machine by a mile.  if someone can't afford the extra $100, then fine get the Lite.  Other than that, there's no reason to get the Lite.  Even if you want to use the device purely as a handheld, the new Switch is still better at that with the bigger screen and better battery life. 

Also, I get it was redesigned, but stick drift is something that impacts all sorts of controllers.  Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, and all kinds of custom controllers people buy.  The Xbox Elite and Scruff controllers cost like $150 and those suffer from stick drift as well.  I've never had a Xbox One controller that has suffered from stick drift, but my friend's first controller did.  The thing about Nintendo is that this was a rampant problem.  It still is going to happen, just probably not as much.

Just now, showtime said:

I don't get what the first point even means.  The new Switch is literally a better handheld machine AND can be docked.  The Lite is a worse machine by a mile.  if someone can't afford the extra $100, then fine get the Lite.  Other than that, there's no reason to get the Lite.  Even if you want to use the device purely as a handheld, the new Switch is still better at that with the bigger screen and better battery life. 

Man... you just don't read. Never once said the Lite is better. You keep assuming that cause you don't understand my point. The Switch is not classified as a portable machine. It is classified as a HYBRID machine, and more of a console. The Switch Lite will be the best "portable" console to ever hit the market, surpassing the 3DS and Vita by a mile.