Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

24 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Do you think they would take that two for one trade? Or would we have to throw in a pick?

I think it really comes down to how stubborn the Redskins are going to be with Williams. Him plainly stating that he won’t play for Washington destroys his trade value, which likely wasn’t that high to begin with given his injury history and age. 

Would the Redskins want an all pro player and insurance policy in exchange for their disgruntled left tackle? Or do they want a mid round draft pick? 

Although, I’m not sure I’d want to give up both players for Williams. I think I’d rather keep Reiff and give them Harris and a 5th. 

Edited by SemperFeist

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think it really comes down to how stubborn the Redskins are going to be with Williams. Him plainly stating that he won’t play for Washington destroys his trade value, which likely wasn’t that high to begin with given his injury history and age. 

Would the Redskins want an all pro player and insurance policy in exchange for their disgruntled left tackle? Or do they want a mid round draft pick? 

Although, I’m not sure I’d want to give up both players for Williams. I think I’d rather keep Reiff and give them Harris and a 5th. 

I think I'd agree with that. The only thing I don't like about trading Harris is it just opens up another hole. Sure, Williams is an upgrade on Reiff, but Reiff is far from the biggest problem on the OL. So we still wouldn't have any answers at guard, and now we also need a starting safety.

42 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Do you think they would take that two for one trade? Or would we have to throw in a pick?

I don't see why not. William's hasn't played in over a year and they are getting two starters for one. I think we'd have to trade both in order to have the cap space to resign Williams to an extension. I don't think they make this trade for a 1 year rental. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AWinfield26 said:

I don't see why not. William's hasn't played in over a year and they are getting two starters for one. I think we'd have to trade both in order to have the cap space to resign Williams to an extension. I don't think they make this trade for a 1 year rental. 

Williams might only be that. He hasn’t played a full season in years and not many tackles play well past their mid 30s. I’d see this as a 1 to 2 year rental so in that regard, I’d rather part with players than draft picks.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Williams might only be that. He hasn’t played a full season in years and not many tackles play well past their mid 30s. I’d see this as a 1 to 2 year rental so in that regard, I’d rather part with players than draft picks.

I just don't see the point of the rental, on top of that you'll have to give him a new deal. I agree definitely should not give up any picks that would be terrible. I'm not sure trading for Williams would make this team better. You'd have to trade both Reiff and Harris cause of cap space. It'd upgrade the LT but create another whole in the secondary which we are already thin at. 

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I don't think that Harris tweet had anything to do with Trent Williams trade, at least I hope not

The Harris tweet had nothing to do with anything.  He said so less than 5 minutes later.  All he said is he liked to post quotes that provided guidance for life.  That's it.  It had nothing to do with a trade, nothing to do with him moving anywhere at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The Harris tweet had nothing to do with anything.  He said so less than 5 minutes later.  All he said is he liked to post quotes that provided guidance for life.  That's it.  It had nothing to do with a trade, nothing to do with him moving anywhere at all.

but... but... but... SCHISM!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, swede700 said:

exactly. the intent behind Harris' tweet about change being inevitable and constant could just as well be applied to him being a UDFA and now changing in to a starter, and a highly rated one. or being a nobody and now being a somebody on the football field. or having no savings to now making millions of dollars.

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The only free agent visit I'm seeing for us is Tyler Shatley.

Anyone else we are interested in?

I think your source is old. No visits are taking place and Shatley re-signed with Jacksonville. 

He visited the Vikings last offseason. 

• Like 1