Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

So the future:

Kirk isn't going to be in the plans unless the team gets it all together. Going back to the Giants game, I doubt that happens. I'm not seeing an overall improvement over last years team. Any wishing and hoping is just that.

If the league is about Throwing the Ball and Stopping the Pass then these 2 things:

1) Kirk needs to be traded sooner rather than later. If a team wants to win now (Jets/?) they won't offer as much after they lose any further. The Vikings are looking at 2-5 optimistically. They would have to win out after that point. Is there any reason to think they would? So trading Kirk is imperative if this team is going to rebuild.

2) The Vikings have one of the worst pass rushes in the league despite the high blitz rate. If this team trades Hunter under the upcoming rebuild, as one of the only players worth anything, the team will have absolute trash left over on the D-line. That said I think they need to trade Hunter. I hate it, but he would net the highest pick this team needs for the rebuild. 

Both Kirk and Hunter are at an age that they need to win now. The competitive rebuild appears over. What happens with Jefferson now?

4 minutes ago, babababa said:

So the future:

Kirk isn't going to be in the plans unless the team gets it all together. Going back to the Giants game, I doubt that happens. I'm not seeing an overall improvement over last years team. Any wishing and hoping is just that.

If the league is about Throwing the Ball and Stopping the Pass then these 2 things:

1) Kirk needs to be traded sooner rather than later. If a team wants to win now (Jets/?) they won't offer as much after they lose any further. The Vikings are looking at 2-5 optimistically. They would have to win out after that point. Is there any reason to think they would? So trading Kirk is imperative if this team is going to rebuild.

2) The Vikings have one of the worst pass rushes in the league despite the high blitz rate. If this team trades Hunter under the upcoming rebuild, as one of the only players worth anything, the team will have absolute trash left over on the D-line. That said I think they need to trade Hunter. I hate it, but he would net the highest pick this team needs for the rebuild. 

Both Kirk and Hunter are at an age that they need to win now. The competitive rebuild appears over. What happens with Jefferson now?

If you were Jefferson would you want to be a part of the rebuild?

14 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

If you were Jefferson would you want to be a part of the rebuild?

If we’re moving on from Kirk anyway next season, what are your suggestions?

Or do you see keeping Kirk next year as an option? If you don’t, then trading Kirk only speeds up the rebuilding process.

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The competitive rebuild isn't over in this division.

Possibly. I predicted the Lions to win the division though, against many posters who said otherwise, and so far they're on track. Going back to mid-way last season they are the better team and have the better younger roster. I don't see the Vikings passing them this season -- nor do I see the Vikings making a wildcard. 

So the competitive rebuild will end with Kirk if he can't beat one of the contenders on the schedule upcoming. Who will it be -- the 49ers or the Chiefs?

41 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

If we’re moving on from Kirk anyway next season, what are your suggestions?

Or do you see keeping Kirk next year as an option? If you don’t, then trading Kirk only speeds up the rebuilding process.

I don't see keeping Kirk next year as a likely option. But if I am JJ, I would want to keep Kirk, or I would want to be traded to the Chiefs in the off season.  Could you imagine him with Mahomes??

Hunter seems more likely to get traded if anyone does. How easy would it be too trade him away as far as cap and contract go? And how could he potentially fetch in a trade.   Obviously the defense would lose its one decent pass rusher but it seems unlikely that he'll be back next year

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Playing Madden has given an entire generation unrealistic expectations about the likelihood and frequency of trading star players. 

I don’t think it’s likely, but I see people suggesting we shouldn’t if we could, and I don’t understand it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

and a total lack of patience.

By the trade deadline the team has to make decisions. If the Vikings beat the 49ers or the Chiefs (who the Lions beat) that will let us know that we can be patient for the rest of the season. If not, the argument for keeping Kirk and Hunter is done. They can't beat good teams right now. They haven't since they miraculously beat Buffalo. They have to keep up with the Lions who already have a signature win this season and embarrassed the Vikings the last time they met. Time's Up!