Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

34 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

What is the point of having the option to flex games if the NFL isn’t going to do it? 

Jets @ Raiders? Why? When they could have had Cleveland V Baltimore, San Fran V Jacksonville, or Houston V Cincinnati? 

Vikings @ Broncos? Why? 

It depends upon what games were protected by the network that was carrying them. 

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

For someone who hasn't earned it.  He's never had more than 9 sacks in a year, while Danielle has had 5 yrs above that mark, including this year. 

Agreed 100% although it'll probably look better next spring. He's a solid player but I don't think it was top 5 worthy, looking at EDGE FA's this year it looks like Hunter, Brian Burns, Josh Allen (Jags), and maybe Chase Young are the only players who could threaten to receive top 5 money.

43 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Agreed 100% although it'll probably look better next spring. He's a solid player but I don't think it was top 5 worthy, looking at EDGE FA's this year it looks like Hunter, Brian Burns, Josh Allen (Jags), and maybe Chase Young are the only players who could threaten to receive top 5 money.

When you have have Chase Young on the opposite side of you, along with Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne inside, I expect more than 6-7 sacks a year from you.  Now he's going to a team that pretty much has no one (the one-trick pony Ngakoue will be a FA after the year)...Andrew Billings is a fine player, but he's not Allen or Payne at their peak (although they haven't played like it this year).  They're going to expect Sweat to carry that line, and I don't think he's capable of that. 

• Like 2