TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

1000 points is the #16 pick in the draft.  That's too high, you have to understand people on this website are obsessed with the draft and seriously overvalue draft picks.  No one will ever make a deal for that much.  Sorry I miskpoke it should be 590 not 560.  590 points is first round value (#32 overall).  That's just a minimum, obviously more can be traded.  

You deterrent only hampers teams with low cap, plenty of teams have tons of cap space.  One week should be enough.  

I would consider lowering the points required to meet you somewhere in the 800 range but not willing to move from the 3rd round.  Again, I don't like the idea of teams trading tagged players because it just opens the door to allowing restricted free agents, erfa and eventually UFA.  Teams are supposed to be operating under good faith, which if you offer a player a contract that  you have every intention of retaining that player for the full year.

You're asking me to strike a rule that shouldn't be removed because it opens up all kinds of other issues, with teams tagging players to just use them as trade bait and if we allow tagged players this option why not allow rfa the same luxury.  It just creates more problems than its worth.  I get it, you want to get something for Kirk and the only way to do that is to tag him.  I just don't agree with allowing it.  I'm willing to flex a little on this but because I'm against the idea of it as I don't feel that the tag was created for what you are trying to use it as I want to discourage teams from going this route.  Yes I agree that the rule hurts teams with less cap,  but if you tagged him you should be willing to carry the cap for the duration of the season, otherwise you're tagging a player with the intention of trading him which goes against good faith negotiations. 

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

Uhh... I have traded Clowney pretty much every year of TCMD... that trade was not ridiculous (and once both sides explained the logic... it made more sense to all IIRC)

Now when I acquired Earl Thomas from the Seahawks... that trade was ridiculous (but at that point we had all dissolved into a pit of madness) ;)

Not ridiculous in trade value.  Ridiculous as in it would never happen IRL.  People are are crapping all over trading franchised players for saying it isn't "realistic".  Well whether something is realistic is subjective to everyone's interpretation.  

2 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I would consider lowering the points required to meet you somewhere in the 800 range but not willing to move from the 3rd round.

Ok keep the 3rd round FA rule but you gotta come down to 590.  Teams have to be willing to negotiate deals.  That asking minimum is too high.  

3 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

You're asking me to strike a rule that shouldn't be removed because it opens up all kinds of other issues, with teams tagging players to just use them as trade bait and if we allow tagged players this option why not allow rfa the same luxury.  It just creates more problems than its worth.

It happens IRL though.

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok keep the 3rd round FA rule but you gotta come down to 590.  Teams have to be willing to negotiate deals.  That asking minimum is too high.  

It happens IRL though.

This should be the final resolution.  This is a good plan.

3 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

This is kind of ridiculous lol

Feel like we should keep this realistic and put Alex Smith on the Skins and move Cousins to FA. 

Rosters were not locking until AFTER SB

If Washington still wants to tag and trade Cousins and take that cap hit... their call

If Washington wants to cut Alex Smith, more power to them

But actions have consequences

Archived