TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

7 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Anyone remember when compensatory picks are announced, I should have three coming this year :D

https://overthecap.com/draft/

I typically use this site to get my list from.

Not sure but I believe in the past the confirmed picks don't get listed until we've already started the mock draft so when I pull the roster info and Pain gets me the draft order list worked out.  I'll use what they have listed at that time as the official tcmd comp pick list.

19 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

https://overthecap.com/draft/

I typically use this site to get my list from.

Not sure but I believe in the past the confirmed picks don't get listed until we've already started the mock draft so when I pull the roster info and Pain gets me the draft order list worked out.  I'll use what they have listed at that time as the official tcmd comp pick list.

Real quick too, for whatever reason in my trade block document it's not showing that I have a first round pick in the trade value scale sheet. I know you've got a lot of other stuff to do but I just wanted to check on that. (Trying to ask questions in the thread to avoid cluttering your inbox)

6 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Real quick too, for whatever reason in my trade block document it's not showing that I have a first round pick in the trade value scale sheet. I know you've got a lot of other stuff to do but I just wanted to check on that. (Trying to ask questions in the thread to avoid cluttering your inbox)

The trade block for the draft picks isn't set up yet.  That draft order is last years.  I'll update it after the superbowl.

@sparky151 I get what you're saying about the 2 first round picks when tagging under the non-exclusive tag, but because this mock is really just a single year.  It really isn't fair to the team that tagged the player as a non-exclusive because the required two first round picks is really just a first this year and a first next year and since the second year first has no real weight in a one year mock it really does hurt the team applying the non exclusive tag, because a team could come in offering the 32nd pick and next years pick with a high price tag in the offer sheet, that you couldn't match and all you'd get in return that you could use this year would be the 32nd pick.

Let me know what you all think about this so if we need to make changes we can do so quickly.

1 hour ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Anyone remember when compensatory picks are announced, I should have three coming this year :D

1 hour ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I will be adding the Comp Picks into the draft order after the SB.

5 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Josh Gordon is a exclusive rights free agent, basically he isn't under contract but only you can sign him so he's a Brown if you want him to be (I think)

Your right.  My bad.  Looking at too many different things on the workbook.

Peace!!!

6 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

@sparky151 I get what you're saying about the 2 first round picks when tagging under the non-exclusive tag, but because this mock is really just a single year.  It really isn't fair to the team that tagged the player as a non-exclusive because the required two first round picks is really just a first this year and a first next year and since the second year first has no real weight in a one year mock it really does hurt the team applying the non exclusive tag, because a team could come in offering the 32nd pick and next years pick with a high price tag in the offer sheet, that you couldn't match and all you'd get in return that you could use this year would be the 32nd pick.

Let me know what you all think about this so if we need to make changes we can do so quickly.

Future trade picks have value even if they aren't used in this mock. Teams tagging a player still have the right to match the offer if they don't want to wait for their 2nd first round pick. Cleveland has the most cap room but I doubt they give up the #1 pick to sign somebody's tagged player. Same for San Fran. So I don't see it as a problem. Who's going to outbid the 49ers for Garopolo? 

If someone doesn't want their 2019 picks, the Bengals will be happy to accept them in trade, discounted to present value. 

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Future trade picks have value even if they aren't used in this mock. Teams tagging a player still have the right to match the offer if they don't want to wait for their 2nd first round pick. Cleveland has the most cap room but I doubt they give up the #1 pick to sign somebody's tagged player. Same for San Fran. So I don't see it as a problem. Who's going to outbid the 49ers for Garopolo? 

If someone doesn't want their 2019 picks, the Bengals will be happy to accept them in trade, discounted to present value. 

Thats it though, you would only carry the pick in name per say, there is no draft done for you to actually select a player with it. 

9 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

I'll likely lean toward what otc list him as but I'll review it and get back to you.  

I plan to get the motorcycle out today pending the wind but will be getting back on schedule with the workbooks, still a lot to get done.  Starting to feel the heat now.

OTC has McCarron as a RFA.

Enjoy the open road!

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

OTC has McCarron as a RFA.

Enjoy the open road!

Oh man it was an awesome day for riding too.  For Oklahoma the wind was minimal and it got up to about 70 degrees.  People couldn't drive for crap today though.

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

I think the NFL has an arbitration / hearing set to determine if McCarron is a RFA or UFA.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Cincinnati-Bengals-AJ-McCarron-grievance-date-set-for-Feb-15--113008841

Yes, that's why I asked. A decision might be made that day or might be made at a later time, though before the beginning of the league year and probably before the end of the UFA tag period. In any event, it probably won't be made before our free agency is underway, so I wanted to know his status for purposes of this mock.

Archived