TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

@ny92jefferis

FA bidding has an error in the bids that indicate the players preferred contract terms.  It refers to the player name from the first bid, the value and terms of the contract terms information is correct.  The cell is the same as the name of the player in the 1st bid offer.

Not really a big deal, but just something to be aware of in case it causes confusion. 

cells:  E35, E59, E83

I fixed yours and will try to fix the other teams today.  It doesn't affect the main formulas but it could be confusing.

Thanks.

I'm using the first post to keep track of any issues with the workbooks that you guys report.

Known issues with the workbooks

Major:

1. FA Transaction Workbooks
    1. It's in FA Contract Offer 3. The first cell under "Base Salary" is white, not blue (so it can't be edited. 

Minor:

1. FA Transaction Workbooks
    1. FA bidding has an error in the bids that indicate the players preferred contract terms.  It refers to the player name from the first bid, the value and terms of the contract terms information is correct.  The cell is the same as the name of the player in the 1st bid offer.  cells:  E35, E59, E83.  Reserve bidding sheet has the same error.

Keep looking them over and if you find something let me know asap.

NOTE:  Base Guarantees are not being used so those cells will be locked from editing.

23 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Minor:NOTE:  Base Guarantees are not being used so those cells will be locked from editing.

Just answered my question.

I thought I remember you said you were working on it and didn't have time this sim to get it to work.

Also, any word on Steelers' GM?

8 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Just answered my question.

I thought I remember you said you were working on it and didn't have time this sim to get it to work.

Also, any word on Steelers' GM?

Not yet.  @davidderion is wanting to switch if @waffles7 doesn't reply by Monday.  Which I'm fine with doing, so if he hasn't replied back by Monday.  Kansas City will be without a GM.  I've got two backup members that would likely take the team.

1 hour ago, ny92jefferis said:

Not yet.  @davidderion is wanting to switch if @waffles7 doesn't reply by Monday.  Which I'm fine with doing, so if he hasn't replied back by Monday.  Kansas City will be without a GM.  I've got two backup members that would likely take the team.

I’m sure Waffles will be around. Still plenty of time before this kicks off isn’t there. He may be away, 

#notradeinplaceipromise.

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@ny92jefferis

Any chance you can lay out some more info on the process for the NPV calculations

Below is the description used by excel.  Our use for this is to provide more weight on the early years of the contract, in addition this formula allows us to put more weight on guaranteed monies, in this case the signing bonus, as well as the players contract length.  Offering less than the players CL drastically reduces the amount you offer.  Basically, the more money you offer in signing bonus and contract length the NPV value is increased.   The process of the NPV formula, is to determine the best contract offered, in terms of player wants and in terms of actual value, again the more guaranteed money the more value the contract has.

NPV function

This article describes the formula syntax and usage of the NPV function in Microsoft Excel.

Description

Calculates the net present value of an investment by using a discount rate and a series of future payments (negative values) and income (positive values).

Syntax

NPV(rate,value1,[value2],...)

The NPV function syntax has the following arguments:

• Rate    Required. The rate of discount over the length of one period.

• Value1, value2, ...    Value1 is required, subsequent values are optional. 1 to 254 arguments representing the payments and income.

• Value1, value2, ... must be equally spaced in time and occur at the end of each period.

• NPV uses the order of value1, value2, ... to interpret the order of cash flows. Be sure to enter your payment and income values in the correct sequence.

• Arguments that are empty cells, logical values, or text representations of numbers, error values, or text that cannot be translated into numbers are ignored.

• If an argument is an array or reference, only numbers in that array or reference are counted. Empty cells, logical values, text, or error values in the array or reference are ignored.

Remarks

• The NPV investment begins one period before the date of the value1 cash flow and ends with the last cash flow in the list. The NPV calculation is based on future cash flows. If your first cash flow occurs at the beginning of the first period, the first value must be added to the NPV result, not included in the values arguments. For more information, see the examples below.

• If n is the number of cash flows in the list of values, the formula for NPV is:

Equation

• NPV is similar to the PV function (present value). The primary difference between PV and NPV is that PV allows cash flows to begin either at the end or at the beginning of the period. Unlike the variable NPV cash flow values, PV cash flows must be constant throughout the investment. For information about annuities and financial functions, see PV.

Just now, mountainpd said:

I’m sure Waffles will be around. Still plenty of time before this kicks off isn’t there. He may be away, 

#notradeinplaceipromise.

You're right about the time, perhaps giving him until the 10th is fair.

He's involved in the Nacho sim which I just joined, so I'll ask around and see if he's on holiday or something.

Have you been discussing with him, if so then there is a good chance he'll show up.

2 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

You're right about the time, perhaps giving him until the 10th is fair.

He's involved in the Nacho sim which I just joined, so I'll ask around and see if he's on holiday or something.

Have you been discussing with him, if so then there is a good chance he'll show up.

I just think a few more days would be fairer. 10th sounds reasonable. Because of the start date being another 10 days away.

15 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I just think a few more days would be fairer. 10th sounds reasonable. Because of the start date being another 10 days away.

His profile does say that he last visited the site 14 hours ago, you 'd think he would of replied to my 10 tags by now.

I'm fine with giving him until the 10th, though I would like if he had sent a courtesy reply. I haven't tried to trade with him, and I don't see a block up, so I have no idea how active he's being in the actual mock. I'd like to have participants who are in discussions and talking with other GM's, not just people who are going to come in, draft and peace out. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm fine with giving him until the 10th, though I would like if he had sent a courtesy reply. I haven't tried to trade with him, and I don't see a block up, so I have no idea how active he's being in the actual mock. I'd like to have participants who are in discussions and talking with other GM's, not just people who are going to come in, draft and peace out. 

That's my thoughts as well.  He's involved in the killer nacho sim and I just figured he'd be active in this as well.

Right now @davidderion is on hold in getting his workbooks because he's wanting to change teams if the option is there.  Which I don't mind doing but I hate having to delay him because of this.

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

That's my thoughts as well.  He's involved in the killer nacho sim and I just figured he'd be active in this as well.

Right now @davidderion is on hold in getting his workbooks because he's wanting to change teams if the option is there.  Which I don't mind doing but I hate having to delay him because of this.

Who's the other alternate, Johnny guy?

Archived