TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

21 hours ago, davidderion said:

Okay so I want to ask for the sake of asking regarding a player on my team...

Ryan Shazier

Can we call him retired? Can I release him and ask the other 31 teams to come to a gentlemans agreement and leave him in FA as if he is retired because of his injury? Was just looking for a little insight

@ny92jefferis should we treat Shazier as retired?

12 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I'll let you guys make that call.  I really don't know the story behind him?

He's the guy on the Steelers that lost the use of his legs for several months. I think its right to not have him count against the Steelers cap but not be available to other teams

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

He's the guy on the Steelers that lost the use of his legs for several months. I think its right to not have him count against the Steelers cap but not be available to other teams

So is he expected to retire?  He obviously isn't cleared to play at least I wouldn't think.

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He'll go on PUP or something im sure. Almost 100% chance he doesnt play at least in the forseeable future 

He’s not walking on his own or anything. My idea was to either have him be considered retired or I was going to extend him, give him and nice bonus that way the cap hit is spread out for me but also benefits him if he doesn’t get to come back. 

19 minutes ago, davidderion said:

He’s not walking on his own or anything. My idea was to either have him be considered retired or I was going to extend him, give him and nice bonus that way the cap hit is spread out for me but also benefits him if he doesn’t get to come back. 

What do we think the team will do irl?  

His contract has this year remaining on it for a little over 8 million.

Personally, I could see him taking a pay cut just so he's guaranteed something should PIT release him.

4 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

What do we think the team will do irl?  

His contract has this year remaining on it for a little over 8 million.

Personally, I could see him taking a pay cut just so he's guaranteed something should PIT release him.

Whatever the Commish decides ;)

i could see Steelers & the NFL working something out about him (but other players have suffered injuries as well)

For this sim, I could see some cap forgiveness coming Steelers way.

@ny92jefferis

Can you explain the "penalty" for offering a contract length that is different than the players expected length?

Say a player is expecting a 4 year deal, how does offering only a 3 year deal OR 5 year deal affect the outcome?   What type of "deduction"  in the awarding value does that incur?

Thanks!!

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@ny92jefferis

Can you explain the "penalty" for offering a contract length that is different than the players expected length?

Say a player is expecting a 4 year deal, how does offering only a 3 year deal OR 5 year deal affect the outcome?   What type of "deduction"  in the awarding value does that incur?

Thanks!!

I'm interested in the answer to this question as well. 

Peace!!!

18 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I'm interested in the answer to this question as well. 

Peace!!!

I'm not Mike aka ny92 but what happens is say you do this and say someone else does it for the correct way for 4 yrs and everything passes APY etc they have a better chance at winning the said player.

1 minute ago, BringinDaPain said:

I'm not Mike aka ny92 but what happens is say you do this and say someone else does it for the correct way for 4 yrs and everything passes APY etc they have a better chance at winning the said player.

What type of offset would the $$ have to be to negate the difference in contract years?

Archived