TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

Quick one on the reserve bidding.

If I offer less than the expected apy I would have to wait until a later round in the bidding process for my offer to be valid as the apy drops after each round.

Is that correct? 

12 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Quick one on the reserve bidding.

If I offer less than the expected apy I would have to wait until a later round in the bidding process for my offer to be valid as the apy drops after each round.

Is that correct? 

Correct.

14 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Ok.

It said contract failed, apy not met so I wasn't sure.

If I remember there was a message last year saying what round you would have to wait till before the contract would be valid.

Right.  Forgot to add that, but it works the same way.

I know we talked about this in the planning phase but not sure where we landed on it.

If I put in a Resign bid for one of my players for a lower APY amount and then a Reserve bid for a higher APY amount and another team bids on him above my resign bid but below my reserve bid I would get him? Right?

Subsequently, if nobody bids higher than my Resign bid then I'd get him for the lower price?

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I know we talked about this in the planning phase but not sure where we landed on it.

If I put in a Resign bid for one of my players for a lower APY amount and then a Reserve bid for a higher APY amount and another team bids on him above my resign bid but below my reserve bid I would get him? Right?

Subsequently, if nobody bids higher than my Resign bid then I'd get him for the lower price?

Let's work out the details for that Monday if you're still alive.

This calculation would all be done in the FA Sorting doc, which hasn't even been created yet.

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

This calculation would all be done in the FA Sorting doc, which hasn't even been created yet.

Either way I'm in my underwear weeping while eating from a jar of peanut butter with my bare fist. Only difference will be if they are tears of joy or sadness.

@ny92jefferis

FA bidding has an error in the bids that indicate the players preferred contract terms.  It refers to the player name from the first bid, the value and terms of the contract terms information is correct.  The cell is the same as the name of the player in the 1st bid offer.

Not really a big deal, but just something to be aware of in case it causes confusion. 

cells:  E35, E59, E83

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@ny92jefferis

FA bidding has an error in the bids that indicate the players preferred contract terms.  It refers to the player name from the first bid, the value and terms of the contract terms information is correct.  The cell is the same as the name of the player in the 1st bid offer.

Not really a big deal, but just something to be aware of in case it causes confusion. 

cells:  E35, E59, E83

damn.  i'll check it out tomorrow.  if you find anything else let me know.

10 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:
11 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So there are 2 scenarios here.

1.  PHI has both re-sign and reserve bids for Player A.     Re-sign bid is $10M,  outside teams is $11M, reserve bid is $12M.   The reserve bid is the winning bid and PHI is awarded the player.

2.  PHI has both re-sign and reserve bids for Player A.    Re-sign bid is $10M,  reserve bid is $12M.   The question is which PHI bid is the winning bid? 

Why would the player not take the higher bid?   Sure there may be circumstances where a player prefers a lesser value contract for other reasons (weather, chance to win, playing time, better cheerleaders, better night life, etc).  BUT since TCMD operates on just a financial decision making aspect for players, the higher placed bid should be what is used as the winning bid.

Archived