TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

Okay so I want to ask for the sake of asking regarding a player on my team...

Ryan Shazier

Can we call him retired? Can I release him and ask the other 31 teams to come to a gentlemans agreement and leave him in FA as if he is retired because of his injury? Was just looking for a little insight

6 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

If you've already made cuts to your team workbook, that is likely the issue, the free agency workbooks are linked to the official team rosters.  

All good now.

Everything reads the same.

Excellent job on the books Mike.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@ny92jefferis

I am building a contract and the player's desired years is 5.

When i pull the contract out the 5 years the 5th year comes up with a #REF! in the cap hit cell and I can't get it to go away. Any idea what might be causing that?

Everything is fine if I keep the contract at 4 years

I had the same problem.

27 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

The average rating leading to the apy requirement has changed quite drastically on a couple of my contract offers I had in place. Looks more like a one year average not two?

Is this correct?

Is this the end point?

@ny92jefferis

I feel Landry has just gotten easy for me to keep when I was debating beforehand whether I could do and a couple of the free agents I thought were realistic are a real stretch now, again happy to go with it but just wanted to check whilst there is plenty of time.

52 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@ny92jefferis

I am building a contract and the player's desired years is 5.

When i pull the contract out the 5 years the 5th year comes up with a #REF! in the cap hit cell and I can't get it to go away. Any idea what might be causing that?

Everything is fine if I keep the contract at 4 years

Pete can you give me sheet and cell references.

4 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I feel Landry has just gotten easy for me to keep when I was debating beforehand whether I could do and a couple of the free agents I thought were realistic are a real stretch now, again happy to go with it but just wanted to check whilst there is plenty of time.

I'm done with making anymore changes to the apy and contract lengths.  

Just to clarify (99% sure) after trading a player, in our "Copy of [Team Name] Official Roster" workbook we mark the traded player as "Released" right? That will keep the Copy updated to the official for tracking cap room and the like right (then type in the new players and their money as the official book updates)?

15 hours ago, davidderion said:

Okay so I want to ask for the sake of asking regarding a player on my team...

Ryan Shazier

Can we call him retired? Can I release him and ask the other 31 teams to come to a gentlemans agreement and leave him in FA as if he is retired because of his injury? Was just looking for a little insight

I believe what I did with Eric Berry the year he was out, was extend him.  Making the year one the minimum it could be, than the  year 2 and beyond was pending a passed physical.  

I think it caught some flack, but it’s an option.

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Reserve bid sheet. Reserve Bid 1 Cell X (Cap Number)

Found the issue, it looks like a simple fix and it is just the first offer in the reserve bidding that is affected.

Fighting a hangover today but will get around to fixing it this evening.

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

Just to clarify (99% sure) after trading a player, in our "Copy of [Team Name] Official Roster" workbook we mark the traded player as "Released" right? That will keep the Copy updated to the official for tracking cap room and the like right (then type in the new players and their money as the official book updates)?

Almost...this year I included base guarantees and those are calculated differently when traded.  So you'll need to do both; Released & Traded in the Obtained column.

Archived