TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

28 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@ny92jefferis

Can you explain the "penalty" for offering a contract length that is different than the players expected length?

Say a player is expecting a 4 year deal, how does offering only a 3 year deal OR 5 year deal affect the outcome?   What type of "deduction"  in the awarding value does that incur?

Thanks!!

really the best way to determine this is to create two contracts with the same player, give them the same APY but have one set up for say 5 years and the other set up for say 3 years and then check out the difference it makes in the Adj. Contract Offer Amount for the first contract thats cell F24

Question 1. If there are RFA's which I may want to offer contracts too will they show on my RFA offer sheet drop down menu when the price has been set? Previous to the update on player codes there were two players appearing but now there is none. Is this just because they haven't had their price reset or because the RFA offer time has not yet arrived,

Question 2 for @ny92jefferis if there is a free agent not on the list. do I just message you to get them added?

4 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Question 1. If there are RFA's which I may want to offer contracts too will they show on my RFA offer sheet drop down menu when the price has been set? Previous to the update on player codes there were two players appearing but now there is none. Is this just because they haven't had their price reset or because the RFA offer time has not yet arrived,

Question 2 for @ny92jefferis if there is a free agent not on the list. do I just message you to get them added?

I haven't linked it yet for the rfa tender listing.  The names you saw earlier were just testing.

shoot me a list with otc links of players that aren't listed.

10 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

Is cap space going to automatically be updated after trades are processed?

Also, in regards to changing players positions/team’s base defense.. what are the rules on that?

On the official team roster doc (from League Office) Mike updates it when he posts UPDATED in the trade thread (or FA once that starts, and the League Office when you cut people) you update your personal PM'd team doc copy.

15 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@ny92jefferis

I was going through my roster and noticed that 1588 Shelton Gibson WR has a base salary of $555K  but a cap hit of $5 million?

He is also highlighted red, but I didn't release him. So I'm a little confused. When you get a second if you could check it out that would be awesome.

Thanks Darling!

This is what I'm seeing in the official team roster.

PHI 1588 1588 - Shelton Gibson - WR Shelton Gibson WR 1 56.1% $555,000 $555,000   $64,312 $0 $0

$619,312

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

This is what I'm seeing in the official team roster.

PHI 1588 1588 - Shelton Gibson - WR Shelton Gibson WR 1 56.1% $555,000 $555,000   $64,312 $0 $0

$619,312

Yeah, it was funky and then I refreshed it and it was fine. Sorry to waste your time

Where do we get the player details from our trade to incorporate into our own workbook? and do we copy everything or how should it be? 

Also I notice i have two different Cap Space #'s between 2 workbooks, Ones at 30ish and the others at 23ish. However i also should have another 5 coming off from the pernell deal. but when i switch to trade it doesn't adjust the cap #. do these update automatically or how does it work?

46 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Where do we get the player details from our trade to incorporate into our own workbook? and do we copy everything or how should it be? 

Also I notice i have two different Cap Space #'s between 2 workbooks, Ones at 30ish and the others at 23ish. However i also should have another 5 coming off from the pernell deal. but when i switch to trade it doesn't adjust the cap #. do these update automatically or how does it work?

The official team rosters are located in the league office thread.  You can copy that information and put it into your private workbook.

The difference is likely due to that all the other workbooks, that give cap information is tied to the official team rosters.

1 minute ago, whodatOL said:

Is it possible for an acquiring team to take on a guaranteed bonus or base salary? Don't even know if this is possible in real life, but would be nice to know! :D

I don't have that set up in this mock draft, and to do so would require too much work with the current setup.  But irl, teams have in the past taken on additional cap, Browns did that with Houston, in the Brock O. trade. 

Archived