Alex Smith to be traded to Washington for 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller; agrees to extension

Apparition

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wow really? I kind of wanted Kirk but not at 30M although 23.5M for Smith is crazy too

I'm assuming but that seems to be the ball park . I remember reading and I can post it to you that redskinstoday IG reporteded he wanted that much .

who knows maybe Kirk settles for less .

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

Well he clearly is. Especially if you add in his age, cousins is far better a qb choice than smith.

Smith isn't slowing down tho.

his athelthic ability and as a passer is the same . He fails maybe because of the scheme but he hasn't slowed down.

more and more qbs are playing till there 38, even McCown had a career year lol

40 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Kirk is probably going to end up being the highest paid QB in NFL history for a few months until the next QB tops that contract. 

Correct , next year qbs are Newton/Ryan/ and Wilson.

my bet is Wilson surpasses cousins and Newton.

Edited by Dashing202
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Smith isn't slowing down tho.

his athelthic ability and as a passer is the same . He fails maybe because of the scheme but he hasn't slowed down.

more and more qbs are playing till there 38, even McCown had a career year lol

Kirk still has less years. So he could play just as long so your point is mute. 

Kirk still is better even without age. The age just makes him even more valuable. 

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

Kirk still has less years. So he could play just as long so your point is mute. 

Kirk still is better even without age. The age just makes him even more valuable. 

Redskins get out of the contract the third year . First year is 17 and second year 24.

kirk wants to much money he might be the most highest paid player in NFL history.

smith not bad tho the skins could build the D and get a RB. We need. A stacked team with one of the best game managers around.

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Redskins get out of the contract the third year . First year is 17 and second year 24.

kirk wants to much money he might be the most highest paid player in NFL history.

smith not bad tho the skins could build the D and get a RB. We need. A stacked team with one of the best game managers around.

Ya but them they have no qb. And i get letting cousins go but the main problem is trading away a young talent and third for a qb that at 34 you need to have a built team for and the skins dont have a built up team.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

The crazy thing is that it appears to have been the market if you want to believe Allbright about the other offers. So it wasn't just Washington. That was just what people were offering for him. 

Oh absolutely. It shows a level of desperation around the league for a QB. I can understand DEN''s offer, Talib they are looking to unload and are a QB away from being a damn good team. I just can't say the same about WAS. They took a step back at the QB position IMO AND gave up Fuller? Ridiculous. I'd be trying to recoup multiple picks for him and keep what young talent I have.

So just for posterity sake the Browns who are going to have 107 million on their cap actually outbid the Redskins for Alex Smith but they couldn't get the deal done because they want to spend more for Alex Smith but NOT extend his contract that they could clearly afford because they were drafting a QB in the first round.... who would be on a rookie contract for at least 4 years. 

So Browns fans, you could have gotten the best QB your franchise has had since Kosar (and fyi, Smith ain't that great so that statement speaks volumes) and got your 1st round QB and developed him while Smith attempted to make your team competitive. You wouldn't be forced to rush him out there because you guys suck at the position and he could sit and learn for 3 years. And if he sucks, you have Alex Smith to fall back on.

Your offering the most value to acquire him but don't want to have him for awhile.... I don't understand your franchise. I'm sorry. Maybe I'm crazy. I don't think I am.