NFL Offseason News

WindyCity

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

just wait they will cut him.

Then you are at the players mercy. I think our situation would be attractive but idk? This ensures you get him. Not saying you are wrong as obviously we wouldn't give up anything, but if he's someone they have identified as a good fit they should take matters into their own hands a little bit. 

1 hour ago, Blaize4488 said:

Then you are at the players mercy. I think our situation would be attractive but idk? This ensures you get him. Not saying you are wrong as obviously we wouldn't give up anything, but if he's someone they have identified as a good fit they should take matters into their own hands a little bit. 

There's two sides to this argument.  It would ensure you get him but at $8M and $10M per the next two years.  You think he's fetching that as a FA on the open market after the season he just had and the fact he'll be 31 by the time the season rolls around?  No chance.  His stats have been steadily declining the past 3 seasons and being  primarily a speed guy that's only going to diminish with age.  I'm against trading for him.  FA tho, sure why not take a flier.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

There's two sides to this argument.  It would ensure you get him but at $8M and $10M per the next two years.  You think he's fetching that as a FA on the open market after the season he just had and the fact he'll be 31 by the time the season rolls around?  No chance.  His stats have been steadily declining the past 3 seasons and being  primarily a speed guy that's only going to diminish with age.  I'm against trading for him.  FA tho, sure why not take a flier.

It isn't about the 18 million he will never see the 10 million in year 2.

It is the fact that you do not have to guarantee him any money. You would have total flexibility after next season.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It isn't about the 18 million he will never see the 10 million in year 2.

It is the fact that you do not have to guarantee him any money. You would have total flexibility after next season.

So essentially you are suggesting that the Bears trade for Sanders as a 1-year rental?  That doesn't make sense dude.

If you are planning on keeping him for just 1 season then why not take your chances that you will get him at less than $8 million in guarantees as a FA over trading a draft pick for him and in all likelihood paying him that full $8M?

If released, I reckon that Sanders probably fetches something along the lines of a Markus Wheaton/Jeremy Maclin type of contract given his age.  2 years $12 million with $6M guaranteed.  Can't be trading draft picks for 1 year rentals unless you are ready to compete for SB right now.

5 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Reuben Foster 49ers MLB 31st overall is having himself quite an offseason.  He has followed up that arrest for marijuana in January with a domestic violence charge Sunday morning.  They also found an assault rifle.  6 games suspension for sure.  

Side note I hate how the NFL is all SJW on everything but they are Jeff sessions on player smoking some tree     

Bah. Look what smoking dope did to the NBA's Robert Parish.  He got busted for smoking pot while in the NBA. If it hadn't been for the evil effects of weed he might have played more than the NBA record 1,611 games and instead of being only the third oldest person to play in an NBA game at 43 years old he might have been the oldest.  Weed absolutely killed his ability and destroyed his body way too early.

3 hours ago, Blaize4488 said:

Think he's gonna have too much baggage for pace. I definitely wouldn't give up a 1st for him 

If we could trade back some then I would likely do it. He comes with baggage but is a hell of a talent and only 25. I'd be happy to take advantage of that while Trubisky has 4 more years of his rookie deal.

Fuller - Peters

Jackson - Amos

That's pretty damn sick.

EDIT - Honestly I'd prefer to split two picks for him, like a 2nd this year and 4th to 2nd depending on conditional points. I'd want the 5th year option already accepted and then they don't get the conditional pick in 2019 unless he extends with us.

10 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Hmmmm. The Jags paid Blake for 3 more years. Thought?

I actually think it's better then going for Cousins personally.

What are you suppose to do?

They are not going to land Cousins and would have to pay him 10 more/season.

They are drafting too low to do anything at QB.

Archived