Alex Smith traded......

brooks1957

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we get Tyrod Taylor, here's what we'd be getting:

A proven to be capable but not overwhelming starting veteran QB/game manager, with decent leadership skills who is respected by his teammates.

He will, assuming he stays healthy for 14-16 games, like he has the last 3 years, put up numbers like these:

*62%-64% completion percentage

*2,800-3,100 yards

*14-20 TDs

*4-6 INT

*400-600 rushing yards

*4-6 rushing TD

*1-4 fumbles

That's roughly 20-26 TD accounted for with under 10 turnovers, 180-220 yards passing per game, 1-2 TD per game, and less than a turnover per game.

That's perfect for 2018 with a walk-away option or trade leverage in 2019, even if it's a lower end draft pick.

This would be the second best season from a QB we’ve had other than DA since the early ‘90’s.

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This would be the second best season from a QB we’ve had other than DA since the early ‘90’s.

IMO, we should:

*Sign Tyrod (assuming he's cut) or offer a LOW round pick for him

*Draft Darnold #1 and sit him behind Tyrod for a full year

OR

*Sign Cousins (my 2nd favorite option, but I'd be happy if we did)

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO, we should:

OR

I’m not of the opinion we’re even on Cousins radar, so I’ve let that one go.

I just want a mediocre starter and the top guy in the draft. Tyrod would be a great option and a day 3 pick would be a good price.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I've already resigned myself to believing that it won't happen. That said, if I got an alert saying that it did, I've have a huge grin on my face, shrug my shoulders, and say "let's do this thing".

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just want a mediocre starter and the top guy in the draft. Tyrod would be a great option and a day 3 pick would be a good price.

Absolutely. Sign me up.

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I've already resigned myself to believing that it won't happen. That said, if I got an alert saying that it did, I've have a huge grin on my face, shrug my shoulders, and say "let's do this thing".

Absolutely. Sign me up.

Honestly at this point, Tyrod could come in and win 5-6 games while Darnold just sat as the 3rd string QB all year to address footwork and throwing motions while watching game tapes and learning the ins and outs of our offense. That to me would be a great way to come back from 0-16. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

Just now, Mastercheddaar said:

Honestly at this point, Tyrod could come in and win 5-6 games while Darnold just sat as the 3rd string QB all year to address footwork and throwing motions while watching game tapes and learning the ins and outs of our offense. That to me would be a great way to come back from 0-16. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

The Bills were 9-6 IIRC in games where Tyrod started.

If we add some pieces I see no reason why 7 or 8 wins wouldn’t be possible either. This wasn’t an 0-16 roster this year, just a flawed one with a few MAJOR holes (CB, WR, and QB) and all can be addressed this offseason.

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

IMO, we should:

OR

fify

15 hours ago, buno67 said:

Well reports coming out now that the browns offered a 2nd rd pick but didn’t want to give him an extension. Read that KC only wanted to trade him if a team was willing to extend him. 

KC got a great deal from Washington. They got a great young player a decent draft pick and saved $17m. 

I believe the detail surrounding the pick, I don't believe the extension part. I guess part of me can see us not wanting to guarantee $70 mil to him, but I also don't picture the plan being to pay a 2nd round pick for a 1 year rental QB. 

I think they are content either way, either getting Cousins sold on coming here, and giving him the $$$ without having to give up a draft pick, or by using #1 to get a future franchise QB. Thats where I stand also. I'm happy either route we go. I just want to win baby. 

7 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I believe the detail surrounding the pick, I don't believe the extension part. I guess part of me can see us not wanting to guarantee $70 mil to him, but I also don't picture the plan being to pay a 2nd round pick for a 1 year rental QB. 

I think they are content either way, either getting Cousins sold on coming here, and giving him the $$$ without having to give up a draft pick, or by using #1 to get a future franchise QB. Thats where I stand also. I'm happy either route we go. I just want to win baby. 

They could always gotten a third as a compensatory pick if they wanted to in order to recoup some of the cost.

I don’t think Smith wanted to be here and it wouldn’t have been a great look on their part dumping him somewhere he didn’t want to go.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They could always gotten a third as a compensatory pick if they wanted to in order to recoup some of the cost.

I don’t think Smith wanted to be here and it wouldn’t have been a great look on their part dumping him somewhere he didn’t want to go.

yeah, I am glad they showed him a small amount of respect at least. 

On 2/1/2018 at 6:46 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And Dorsey doesn’t believe in those.

I bet Dorsey is the kind of guy who would sign a 34 year old LB to a multi year deal or a 34 year old pass rusher to a 3 year deal if he could. ?

the rumors here are that he didnt want to sign alex smith to a 4 year deal, wanted like 2 years max, so i think we might be dunkin on him a little bit too much..

22 minutes ago, mistakey said:

the rumors here are that he didnt want to sign alex smith to a 4 year deal, wanted like 2 years max, so i think we might be dunkin on him a little bit too much..

Maybe, but my scenarios you quoted weren’t hypotheticals, those were Hali and Johnson’s extensions last off-season.

22 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

That is all

mastercheddaar

I think Buffalo is ready to move on from TT, certainly. Not sure if there is a veteran they will target, but if not, I think they are going to desperately try to trade up in the draft as far as possible to get a Qb they covet.  I especially think they try to get ahead of the Jets to take a QB before they do. 

21 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Bills were 9-6 IIRC in games where Tyrod started.

If we add some pieces I see no reason why 7 or 8 wins wouldn’t be possible either. This wasn’t an 0-16 roster this year, just a flawed one with a few MAJOR holes (CB, WR, and QB) and all can be addressed this offseason.

I doubt any decent QB FA will sign with Cleveland, they all want to go to a team that will guarantee them a real shot to be their starting QB, now and in the future. If we are drafting a QB #1 overall, it will definitely turn off FA QB's.

Also, it will obviously depend on who Buffalo can get to replace Taylor, if they fail in the draft, they may well resign him.

Cleveland fans are likely just going to have to face the fact, that until the QB we draft #1 overall is productive, likely in his second season, we will continue to be a losing franchise only capable of 3 or 4 wins. The 2019 season should be our breakout year, rushing it will only set the franchise backwards!!!

Archived