Miscellaneous News V 5.0

Breesus mode

16 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Butch Jones throwing out stuff like "fake news" and "if you (the media) were real UT fans." Someone get rid of this clown!

I'm ready to start the engine on Gruden again! Gruvy Baby!

Not trying to bash Tennessee, but after seeing how that administration does its job, Id think Mike Norvell would probably be at the top of their list. 

12 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

I'm curious as to how long it'll take this federal investigation of CBB to kick over to college football. Probably a lot of puckered but holes right now I'd imagine.

Only 1-5 kids get recruited by a school for basketball every year, as opposed to 20-30 for football.  Probably a lot easier to hide stuff in the sea of recruiting.  Not to mention football recruits, even the highest profile ones, are 3 years away from the NFL, as opposed to the top basketball recruits which are basically one college semester away from the NBA.  I think that investigation would be a lot tougher.  No doubt there is likely the same type of shady underhanded villainy going on in football recruiting though.

11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Only 1-5 kids get recruited by a school for basketball every year, as opposed to 20-30 for football.  Probably a lot easier to hide stuff in the sea of recruiting.  Not to mention football recruits, even the highest profile ones, are 3 years away from the NFL, as opposed to the top basketball recruits which are basically one college semester away from the NBA.  I think that investigation would be a lot tougher.  No doubt there is likely the same type of shady underhanded villainy going on in football recruiting though.

If we were talking about the NCAA, I'd agree with you. There wouldn't be much to see there, but the federal government is entirely different animal. There's no degree of difficulty that will keep the FEDs from finding non-taxable income, should they choose to look for it. There's a whole bunch of $$$ being improperly kept from the government from those 1-5 kids. Now extrapolate that dollar amount with 20-30 kids, and yea it's hard to imagine them just standing idly by. That's A LOT of money that's being kept out of their pockets. 

10 hours ago, Texasmade said:

If we were talking about the NCAA, I'd agree with you. There wouldn't be much to see there, but the federal government is entirely different animal. There's no degree of difficulty that will keep the FEDs from finding non-taxable income, should they choose to look for it. There's a whole bunch of $$$ being improperly kept from the government from those 1-5 kids. Now extrapolate that dollar amount with 20-30 kids, and yea it's hard to imagine them just standing idly by. That's A LOT of money that's being kept out of their pockets. 

If they wanted they could probably find program-destroying dirt on every university that has a football team, including more than a handful in DII. 

On 9/27/2017 at 3:17 AM, devils1854 said:

Not trying to bash Tennessee, but after seeing how that administration does its job, Id think Mike Norvell would probably be at the top of their list. 

Not sure who that is, but you aren't wrong. With how many big name coaches are available this year, I'm hoping we stop going the way of CUSA pickups. 

7 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

He's on the short list but I'd probably have him behind Scott Frost, Chad Morris or even David Cutcliffe (would they bring him back?).

When I'm in need of a good laugh, I go to volnation and look at their coaching search threads. Things like James Franklin, Chip Kelly, Dan Mullen, etc as potential coaches.

1 minute ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

When I'm in need of a good laugh, I go to volnation and look at their coaching search threads. Things like James Franklin, Chip Kelly, Dan Mullen, etc as potential coaches.

Optimism is fun but I try to be a realist with things like that lol. Though, I can be prone to the same kind of high hopes though when the Badgers have a coaching vacancy (which they won't for a long time now). xD

6 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

He's on the short list but I'd probably have him behind Scott Frost, Chad Morris or even David Cutcliffe (would they bring him back?).

People sleeping on Cutcliffe. I wanted him as NEB's coach over Riley years ago. Think he'd do a great job at a place like TENN.

10 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I dont see Cut leaving Duke at his age. He's a god there. Id see Frost going to Nebraska and Morris to ATM before Tennessee. 

Archived