Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Is it ever necessary to craft anything? About half way though the game and still haven’t had a use to do it. 

Cutting the Xs on bullets is about all I ever bothered trying. But even that was hardly noticeable. Still took 2 chest shots on enemies regardless.

3343ixi.jpg

And theres my Arabian. Got ambushed 100 feet from the stables there in the background. They shot her first shot and she threw me. When I went to shoot back. Auto aim targeted her and I shot her through the neck by accident when I thought it was aimed at the person behind her. lol

RIP Cuddles

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

3343ixi.jpg

And theres my Arabian. Got ambushed 100 feet from the stables there in the background. They shot her first shot and she threw me. When I went to shoot back. Auto aim targeted her and I shot her through the neck by accident when I thought it was aimed at the person behind her. lol

RIP Cuddles

I'm having the hardest time taming and arabian I tried to 3 damn times  the last time I tried too 2 wolves spawned right next to it so I gave up lol.

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

3343ixi.jpg

RIP Cuddles

In case you weren't aware I'm fairly certain it respawns at lake Isabella if it dies, but obviously you have to brake it in again.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:00 AM, iknowcool said:

I finally beat the main story last night (not the epilogue though).  I didn't expect to love Arthur as much as I did by the end but alas.  The best protagonist Rockstar has ever done. 

I'm pretty interested in how the 2nd half plays out then. I'm 40% in and I think Arthur is pretty reprehensible... If anything, I'm more sympathetic to both agent Ross and the Marston family. Dutch, Micah, Arthur and to a lesser extent Hosea are all terrible dudes.

Again, the controls are really bad. They alone are keeping it at a 7/10 instead of a 9 or so. Rockstar games always have a little english on the controls, but this one is ridonkulous. Since everyone cares about my whining, my three biggest pet peeves so far are;

1) The "pulls", where auto aim or quest aim or "auto drive now engaged" kicks in and literally pulls me way off of my intended path, often to my death.

2) The "hurdles". Jumping hedges or fences is completely unpredictable. You have no idea when it will actually work or when your horse will plow head first into the fence like a wall. Sometimes a small bush or incline will just send you flying.

3) The rails. That ones pretty self explanatory. I'd like to be able to move quicker at certain times rather then being so limited... and if you're going to limit me to that degree, why even have me control the character at all? Why force me to ride those last 100 yards at a snails pace, auto dismount me, make me walk at a snails pace for 20 feet, then jump to a cut scene? Its crazy.

I haven't had much issue with the "punching my horse" or "quickdrawing a guy in the gut rather than talking" stuff, but I play pretty carefully since I don't want to lose horses.

I like the combat quite a lot. The game is somehow both reminiscent of RDR and completely different while telling a different piece of the same story, which is excellent. I'm very happy with it, but I have to take long breaks after a couple of hours of playing in order to calm down. Something always disenchants me in one way or another, and it's always something to do with the controls.

I'm also riding an American Standardbred. She's an 8/6 with racing handling. I bought her at the stabs for $120 or something... I figured that's a pretty good split and since I didn't have to work to get her, I wouldn't be too upset when she inevitably bites it. I made the unfortunate mistake of naming her Maddie, which will obviously add to my discomfort when she dies. From now on I'm naming my horses crap like "Buttermilk Biscuit Bruddah".

On 11/11/2018 at 5:56 AM, thebestever6 said:

Really wanted to own a mule as my primary animal. 

In RDR online, I believe you started with a donkey. It'll probably be similar this go around.

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm having the hardest time taming and arabian I tried to 3 damn times  the last time I tried too 2 wolves spawned right next to it so I gave up lol.

The white one in the Rockies? I succeeded on my first try and I was blitzed off my gourd. GITGUD

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Just got an Arabian man I love this game. So worth rhe money.  I don't mind the controls at all . There's so much to do.

Yeah, they turn on a dime. The controls are growing on me, I can't complain too much.

1) Anybody know when RDR online will come out? I'm hoping it won't be all the way at the end of this month..

2) Does anybody know if there's a way to turn up the difficulty and/or cause your player to receive more damage? Sometimes I can just charge half a dozen gunman with my knife without real risk of death, especially if I have an NPC with me.

7 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

In case you weren't aware I'm fairly certain it respawns at lake Isabella if it dies, but obviously you have to brake it in again.

Thanks for the tip. But I was heading for the stables because I didnt like her. I took her on a couple missions, and the MFT is far overtop in my opinion. I even thought my Red Thoroughbred was smoother to control.  Just something weird and clunky with that Arabian at times for me.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

2) Does anybody know if there's a way to turn up the difficulty and/or cause your player to receive more damage? Sometimes I can just charge half a dozen gunman with my knife without real risk of death, especially if I have an NPC with me.

Thats what I wanted to know. I could take a shotgun in any narrow situation like the streets or trains and just charge forward pumping shots and be fine.

And sometimes my shotguns were outranging my Lancaster and other repeaters. Though I cant give a sample case due to spoilers.

But I overall liked the controls. It felt they got tighter to me as I went along. At the start it was a complaint, but digging in the game liked it better every step of the way.

I'm only right at the start of chapter two so a long way to go yet, but my favourite mission in this game by an absolute mile so far is the Stranger mission for Mr.Margaret. I did it today and was laughing so hard at parts of it. "Yes there's word on the lion, **** is the word!" xD

I'm starting to come around on this game. Some of the details and visuals are really just incredible - a couple of the last missions in Chapter 3 looked really cool. I still think that the game spends way too much time forcing you to do things one way - it's frustrating how limiting this game can be with things like movement speed when it can also be completely wide open - but it's definitely a good game. 

• Like 2

Again, I really like this game, but a couple more gripes: 

I finished a quest and had to return to camp with a companion, he turns a corner and we collide horses.  It knocks both of us off the horses and he won't get back on his horse, so I have to restart the mission.  

I was doing a quest to take wanted posters down, I get into a fist fight with a guy that won't move.  I punch him out, no problems.  I loot his body and the entire town is after me.  I surrender, and now I can't find the last poster.

23 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

3343ixi.jpg

RIP Cuddles

That’s when you rip the power cord out of the wall as fast as possible and hope it runs you back to a previous savepoint

• Like 1